Biggest Want for V1.0.5?

Development feedback on user interface, features and general design.

Moderator: Kyete

Kanchou
Site Admin

Re: Biggest Want for V1.0.5?

Post by Kanchou » Fri Aug 06, 2021 11:07 am

Balmung wrote:
Thu Aug 05, 2021 12:06 am
Kanchou wrote:
Mon Jun 28, 2021 6:47 pm
We're working on having more frequent and smaller releases. Considering that, what feature would you like most to be added with V1.0.5?
Have you decided if there is something in this list you want to implement for a quicker but smaller release? Because I think unless you pick one and close this thread, the list goes on and on.
We already picked a couple of things but we still want to keep the feedback coming so we can use it for plan for the next couple of releases :)

- Alejandro
Alejandro S. Canosa
Three Minds Software

Dave Woodrum

Post by Dave Woodrum » Mon Aug 09, 2021 9:29 pm

I'm still learning the software so some of the things I think I want I might already have...
But, that said...
Assuming that this is not already a thing (that I'm overlooking), is it possible to have an option for the text entries to have an opaque "bubble" surround the number, text, etc? I like to offer a numbered and a unnumbered version of the map with my products and on the numbered I like to make sure that the numbered locations are easy to spot... having a shape around the number can help.

(I'm going to attempt to upload an image of what I mean)
Attachments
bubbless.png
bubbless.png (148.84 KiB) Viewed 5896 times
Owner/Operator of Fishwife Games brand of products. Over 1,100 products to choose from at: https://www.drivethrurpg.com/browse/pub ... m=fishwife
Table top game designer, 3d print modeler, music arranger.

Dave Woodrum

Post by Dave Woodrum » Tue Aug 10, 2021 12:10 am

Nevermind! I just started playing with the Stroke function of text... it does exactly what I need.
Owner/Operator of Fishwife Games brand of products. Over 1,100 products to choose from at: https://www.drivethrurpg.com/browse/pub ... m=fishwife

Kanchou
Site Admin

Post by Kanchou » Tue Aug 10, 2021 12:40 pm

Dave Woodrum wrote:
Tue Aug 10, 2021 12:10 am
Nevermind! I just started playing with the Stroke function of text... it does exactly what I need.
A "bubble" or frame around a label option would be nice though. We'll try to get that in for a future release.

If you don't mind, add that to the small feature request so we don't forget :)

Thank you!

- Alejandro
Alejandro S. Canosa
Three Minds Software

Dave Woodrum

Post by Dave Woodrum » Tue Aug 10, 2021 6:35 pm

Will do!

Uldar

Post by Uldar » Sat Aug 28, 2021 12:13 am

I love the export capabilities, really spot on and came at a much needed time.

Scenario:
I'm working on a global map. I need to export sections of it to an image. I'm actively making changes as I view layout and going back to edit the original.

Problem:
There's no way to save the first export selection area and automatically re-export it. It's not critical while I'm in this phase, but in a month when I need to make an addition, it's going to be critical that I get the exact previously selected area. It would be good to have OWM remember an export selection area with a label.

Thanks!

Balmung

Post by Balmung » Sun Aug 29, 2021 3:25 pm

Do you want just the last export to be saved or do you want to be able to create a list of export areas?

evildmguy

Post by evildmguy » Tue Sep 07, 2021 10:20 am

I was wondering if there was any update?

I know life happens and the best of plans don't always work. I know you had been planning on doing more, smaller releases. Is that still the plan?

I hope things are going well!

Thanks!

Jon
aka edg

Uldar

Post by Uldar » Wed Sep 08, 2021 9:01 pm

Balmung wrote:
Sun Aug 29, 2021 3:25 pm
Do you want just the last export to be saved or do you want to be able to create a list of export areas?
Ideally, creating a list of export areas would be the best solution. My global map has several export areas its generating, so that would be very useful.

Saving the last would be an improvement but still miss the overall export problem scenario.

Thanks for considering!

Kanchou
Site Admin

Post by Kanchou » Wed Sep 15, 2021 3:02 pm

evildmguy wrote:
Tue Sep 07, 2021 10:20 am
I was wondering if there was any update?

I know life happens and the best of plans don't always work. I know you had been planning on doing more, smaller releases. Is that still the plan?

I hope things are going well!

Thanks!

Jon
aka edg
That's still the plan. We are hoping for a new release by the end of this month or early October.

- Alejandro
Alejandro S. Canosa
Three Minds Software