Merging Buildings

Development feedback on user interface, features and general design.

Moderator: Kyete

ForgottenGlory

Merging Buildings

Post by ForgottenGlory » Mon Dec 02, 2019 6:32 pm

I am currently working on a (rather large) city map that has several hundred buildings on it. I would really like to be able to tweak the position of all of them at once, but the current way OWM handles selecting buildings can be a bit time-consuming as it iterates through all the buildings, even when they are grouped together. Also, loading the map takes at least a couple of minutes as it populates the buildings.

I'd really like to see the ability to merge all of the buildings into one single object, if possible, similar to how features can be merged together. Thanks for such an amazing program!

Kanchou
Site Admin

Re: Merging Buildings

Post by Kanchou » Fri Dec 06, 2019 10:54 am

ForgottenGlory wrote:I am currently working on a (rather large) city map that has several hundred buildings on it. I would really like to be able to tweak the position of all of them at once, but the current way OWM handles selecting buildings can be a bit time-consuming as it iterates through all the buildings, even when they are grouped together. Also, loading the map takes at least a couple of minutes as it populates the buildings.

I'd really like to see the ability to merge all of the buildings into one single object, if possible, similar to how features can be merged together. Thanks for such an amazing program!
Thank you for the feedback! That's a really good idea, we'll add it to our feature requests. I don't think it will make it to the next release (already behind schedule...), but we should be able to have it with the one after.

Thank you!!

- Alejandro
Alejandro S. Canosa
Three Minds Software