Cave Blending

General discussion on mapping.

Moderator: Kyete

evildmguy

Cave Blending

Post by evildmguy » Mon Jun 07, 2021 4:06 pm

Blending layers

In another thread, it was said that caves to something else don't look right. I agree. Here is my solution.
CaveBlendingBetter.png
CaveBlendingBetter.png (54.87 KiB) Viewed 2989 times
The idea is that you build a cave and then you have a second cave that follows the first cave at the blend point but is much smaller. Then you have the same cave settings but remove Outline, Inner Stroke and Outer Stroke. Basically, I am masking the parts out that I don't want.

I would mind some ability to blend it more. I'm trying a zone with the beach properties but it's not working as I want it at the moment.

edg

Kanchou
Site Admin

Re: Cave Blending

Post by Kanchou » Wed Jun 23, 2021 10:53 pm

evildmguy wrote:
Mon Jun 07, 2021 4:06 pm
Blending layers

In another thread, it was said that caves to something else don't look right. I agree. Here is my solution.

CaveBlendingBetter.png

The idea is that you build a cave and then you have a second cave that follows the first cave at the blend point but is much smaller. Then you have the same cave settings but remove Outline, Inner Stroke and Outer Stroke. Basically, I am masking the parts out that I don't want.

I would mind some ability to blend it more. I'm trying a zone with the beach properties but it's not working as I want it at the moment.

edg
Sorry, I just saw this!

How about having a new item type or option that is the equivalent of how you can create a "gap" in walls/rooms/corridors but being a cave it blends the cave with what's behind?

Thank you!

- Alejandro
Alejandro S. Canosa
Three Minds Software

evildmguy

Re: Cave Blending

Post by evildmguy » Thu Jun 24, 2021 4:11 pm

Sure! Whatever you want to do! Options are good!

Thanks!

Jon
aka edg