Rotation

General discussion on mapping.

Moderator: Kyete

evildmguy

Rotation

Post by evildmguy » Sun Mar 14, 2021 4:02 pm

Greetings!

I'm making a map of a graveyard and I'm placing down some tombstones. The issue I have is that I rotate it, holding down Alt, and place it, and then it resets to the starting rotation. Is there any way it can stay rotated to where I have it? A lot of times, I place, want to rotate a few clicks, place, rotate a few clicks, place, etc.

Or is there a way to go to the cardinals? 0, 90, 180, 270? That would also help.

Thanks!

edg

Kyete
Site Moderator

Re: Rotation

Post by Kyete » Tue Mar 16, 2021 4:56 pm

Hello!
Currently the rotation is being cleared after a feature is placed, but we can definitely add an option to keep the rotation angle in a future version.

The closest things to a cardinal direction shortcut currently are the options to rotate selected items 90 degrees clockwise or counter-clockwise (Those are in the right click menu under the Flip and Rotate option, or the two buttons on the top toolbar), or by selecting an item with the transform tool and entering the angle into the Rotation option in the toolbar.

We’ll look into more options for rotating while drawing for future versions as well!
-Katie