Features - Brushes/Stamps

General discussion on mapping.

Moderator: Kyete

smithy

Features - Brushes/Stamps

Post by smithy » Fri Apr 01, 2016 6:27 pm

Hi,
has anyone got any new brushes or stamps they want to share while we use Beta version of OWM? Self made or taken from the net?
I only have one set I can remember from my previous mapping attempts prior to OWM, from some bloke called Starraven? Its available on the net.
My greatest problem is that most of my previous mapping was done in non-PNG file standard and doesn't convert to easily used stuff in OWM.

Smithy

game

Re: Features - Brushes/Stamps

Post by game » Tue Jun 27, 2017 6:34 pm

Did you manage to collect some interesting icons ?

I struggle with the same thing and my search weren't very successful. I found this pack of rome era soldiers from a game mod:
http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthre ... -Apr-2014)

I'll try to find more :)

smithy

Post by smithy » Fri Jul 28, 2017 8:19 am

Sadly i couldnt find many good ones. Hoping next release has more stuff to widen my art pool.

Smithy

Kanchou
Site Admin

Post by Kanchou » Mon Jul 31, 2017 11:38 pm

smithy wrote:Sadly i couldnt find many good ones. Hoping next release has more stuff to widen my art pool.

Smithy
V0.9.1 will add a lot of textures and skins artwork as well as presets and themes, but no "symbol" artwork. However, we are working with artists to expand our library of symbols over the next few months.

Thanks!

- Alejandro
Alejandro S. Canosa
Three Minds Software

smithy

Post by smithy » Thu Sep 28, 2017 2:33 pm

As my new question is related to Brushes/Features, thought i would just continue in this thread...
I have recently had to rebuild my PC and when I put OWM back on and my maps i had been working on i hit a problem. When i open an map i had started, which had my own features I created/gathered from outside OWM, I now get a message saying "Unavailable font" and when i close it the map has none of my features, just a load of red boxes saying "Image not found".
How do i re-connect my features with what is on the map they seem to have lost the links since i rebuilt?

Cheers,
Smithy

Kanchou
Site Admin

Post by Kanchou » Fri Sep 29, 2017 1:43 pm

Hello!

The font needs to be installed in your system. You probably loaded it at some point in your original Windows install. We can't include fonts with the map files because we don't hold copyrights to them so we can't distribute them.

Regarding custom features, you would need to rebuild your features library. Map files don't include features, but are read from the "library" in your system. These is to keep the map file small.

Do you have copies of those symbols to rebuild the library?

- Alejandro
Alejandro S. Canosa
Three Minds Software

smithy

Post by smithy » Fri Sep 29, 2017 3:33 pm

Yes i have all the features transferred from another PC. How do i link them back up with what is on my map?

Kanchou
Site Admin

Post by Kanchou » Fri Sep 29, 2017 4:32 pm

You can either use the art manager or copy them by hand to the OWM folder structure. The help documentation has a simple outline (we still owe everyone good tutorial vids...)

- Alejandro
Alejandro S. Canosa
Three Minds Software

smithy

Post by smithy » Sun Oct 01, 2017 12:49 pm

Hi,
the features are all available in my Features Tool Properties box, so i can add new ones if i need them. However, my pre-existing maps with them on are showing red error messages where they should be. It is as if the link between the map and the brush features has been broken when i rebuilt my PC and hasnt reconnected? Any ideas how to "re-connect".

Smithy

Kanchou
Site Admin

Post by Kanchou » Sun Oct 01, 2017 5:29 pm

Most likely the name of the folders or the files themselves is different. We have functionality planned to let you browse to a new folder, but for the current release they need to match.

If you email me the map I can open it with our tools and tell you the folder names.

We'll add a way to display the file name and folder when the symbol is missing with the next release. Didn't think of doing that before.

Thank you!

- Alejandro
Alejandro S. Canosa
Three Minds Software