Requesting ability to Dock keybinds window to keep it open (and rebinding would be nice too)

Archive of feature requests that were added to OWM

Moderator: Kyete

npc

Requesting ability to Dock keybinds window to keep it open (and rebinding would be nice too)

Post by npc » Thu Mar 11, 2021 7:46 pm

Hello there! Original KS backer here finally making my first post. Recently I've been switching to using a digital pen for my mapping and drawing, and am finding that it works very, very well in OWM, specially with freehand drawing as an option. However, using a pen means I have fewer controls available, such as no scroll wheel.

I find that I am frequently opening the keyboard shortcut help window, dozens of times each session, in order to reference some quick key command to better keep my drawing hand focused on the drawing. The problem with this is that there is no way to keep that window open. It forces you to close it every time in order to get back to the mapping screen. If it could instead be added as a dockable information window, that would be super helpful.

Something else that would rock is the ability to rebind keys. It's not crucial since i use a custom programmable keypad, but it sure would be useful.

Thanks again!

Kyete
Site Moderator

Re: Requesting ability to Dock keybinds window to keep it open (and rebinding would be nice too)

Post by Kyete » Tue Mar 16, 2021 5:59 pm

Hello!
Thank you so much for backing our Kickstarter and we’re so glad you’re enjoying the program!

We can add a pdf version that shows all the key shortcuts more clearly. That way you could have it open next to OWM or print it out.

Rebindable keys is something that we’ve been wanting to do and keeps getting pushed down the priority list, but we hope to add it sometime later this year!

-Katie

npc

Re: Requesting ability to Dock keybinds window to keep it open (and rebinding would be nice too)

Post by npc » Wed Mar 17, 2021 10:28 am

A PDF key guide would be perfect. Thanks!