Remember which sub-object mode you're in when editing paths

Archive of feature requests that were added to OWM

Moderator: Kyete

FoaS

Remember which sub-object mode you're in when editing paths

Post by FoaS » Fri Aug 31, 2018 12:13 pm

Small QoL feature, but one of the things that I find annoying is when I need to edit a line segment of a path, I have to select the path, switch to the edit mode, then remember to select the "modify path" option all the way on the top of the screen. Is there any way we can have the program remember which option you're on so that I don't have to click 4 times to edit a segment?

Keyboard shortcuts to select which sub-object selector mode you're working on would be very helpful as well.

Kanchou
Site Admin

Re: Remember which sub-object mode you're in when editing paths

Post by Kanchou » Tue Sep 11, 2018 1:48 pm

FoaS wrote:Small QoL feature, but one of the things that I find annoying is when I need to edit a line segment of a path, I have to select the path, switch to the edit mode, then remember to select the "modify path" option all the way on the top of the screen. Is there any way we can have the program remember which option you're on so that I don't have to click 4 times to edit a segment?

Keyboard shortcuts to select which sub-object selector mode you're working on would be very helpful as well.
We'll investigate some. The reason it works the way it does now is because a few revs simply clicking outside the shape outline would unselect the shape out of edit mode. So, it made it hard to edit. We'll see if we can find a compromise or at least add a setting.

We do have shortcuts, holding Shift or Alt or Ctrl will switch modes without having to go to the top.

Thank you!

- Alejandro
Alejandro S. Canosa
Three Minds Software