Regions on top of regions should be listed under the proper landmass

Archive of feature requests that were added to OWM

Moderator: Kyete

Hoist

Regions on top of regions should be listed under the proper landmass

Post by Hoist » Sun Jun 03, 2018 9:45 pm

It would be nice if when placing a region on top of and within another region that the regions on top would be listed under the landmass in the layers hierarchy instead of in its own regions category. See screenshot. http://bayimg.com/naMfDaAGJ

In the screenshot you can see Region 1 (selected) listed under southern continent but regions 3-15 are under their own category called just Regions even though they are wholly within the boundaries of the southern continent(its just they are placed on another region so they don't register as on top of the landmass and thus belonging to it in the layers hierarchy).

Maybe topography should have its own tool, no idea how that would look or work though, all i know is that regions or boundaries aren't a very good fit for this. Maybe it doesn't need to be specifically for topography as i can think of a few other scenarios when you would like to stack areas on top of each other.
Stop signatures, sign the petition now.
www.stopsignatures.com

Kyete
Site Moderator

Re: Regions on top of regions should be listed under the proper landmass

Post by Kyete » Mon Jun 11, 2018 7:00 pm

Hello,

Every item is placed as a child of the landmass/canvas that it is originally drawn in. So, if the first point of a region is placed on the canvas, then it will be a child of the canvas unless you cut and paste the region into a landmass.

We have been considering a way to change an item from one parent to another just by dragging the item into a landmass and adding a topography style region, but it was put on hold so that we could focus on the mac beta.

- Katie

Hoist

Re: Regions on top of regions should be listed under the proper landmass

Post by Hoist » Tue Jun 12, 2018 4:35 pm

Yeh i figured it was something like that. Good to hear that it has been considered.
Stop signatures, sign the petition now.
www.stopsignatures.com