Cycling Use List, Jungle/Marsh Category

Archive of feature requests that were added to OWM

Moderator: Kyete

Sturn

Cycling Use List, Jungle/Marsh Category

Post by Sturn » Sat Jun 02, 2018 10:30 am

When placing items with the Use List turned on, it would be nice to have an option to hit spacebar or some other key to skip a selection. Often I find that the next item in the order is not to my liking, so I have to go grab something from the list. Hitting the spacebar would cycle to the next option and thus make the selection quicker. I was using the Basic Vegetation category and often the wrong type of tree (coniferous vs. deciduous), or scrub would pop up.

A jungle/marsh category would be nice for vegetation. You have coniferous and deciduous covered, but a hot climate category with jungle trees, scrub, etc. I think should be available.

Kanchou
Site Admin

Re: Cycling Use List, Jungle/Marsh Category

Post by Kanchou » Mon Jun 04, 2018 11:34 am

Sturn wrote:When placing items with the Use List turned on, it would be nice to have an option to hit spacebar or some other key to skip a selection. Often I find that the next item in the order is not to my liking, so I have to go grab something from the list. Hitting the spacebar would cycle to the next option and thus make the selection quicker. I was using the Basic Vegetation category and often the wrong type of tree (coniferous vs. deciduous), or scrub would pop up.
If you press "w" or "s" keys it will move forward and backwards across the list. However, it doesn't update the screen so you need to move the mouse a little to show the new selected feature. We'll fix this with the next release, but it should almost be where you want it :)
Sturn wrote: A jungle/marsh category would be nice for vegetation. You have coniferous and deciduous covered, but a hot climate category with jungle trees, scrub, etc. I think should be available.
Good suggestion. We are working on it for both overland and tactical maps (overhead).

Thank you!

- Alejandro
Alejandro S. Canosa
Three Minds Software

Sturn

Post by Sturn » Wed Jun 06, 2018 8:43 pm

Kanchou wrote:If you press "w" or "s" keys it will move forward and backwards across the list. However, it doesn't update the screen so you need to move the mouse a little to show the new selected feature. We'll fix this with the next release, but it should almost be where you want it :)
:mrgreen:

Kanchou
Site Admin

Post by Kanchou » Thu Jun 07, 2018 4:25 pm

I also realized it's missing from the shortcut lists in the help menu. We'll fix that too. Ty! :)
Alejandro S. Canosa
Three Minds Software