A few more

Archive of feature requests that were added to OWM

Moderator: Kyete

MattVG

A few more

Post by MattVG » Tue Apr 17, 2018 8:37 pm

I've come across a few more features that I would find useful:

1) I would find the ability to load and create custom color palettes with custom color swatches useful. Currently I use a graphics program to create an image of a color palette with the swatches I want and load it in as a feature. I then color pick from that.

2) I don't particularly care for the current color dialogue box. It pops up, stopping everything and generally doesn't offer me the colors I'm looking for unless I switch to the "Custom" tab and then I find it difficult to choose the exact hue I'm looking for. I realize this isn't a painting program, but a color picker with a bit more functionality would be nice. I've always found the square for saturation and value picking set within an outer hue wheel to be the most useful of the different color pickers. Making it a dockable window rather than a popup would be nice as well.
My current preferred color selection widget/thing. It makes it very easy to select which colors you want:

3) A resizeable texture window that allows the display of a greater number of thumbnails, would be handy. The same would be useful for the feature thumbnail window. Resizeable thumbnails would also be a nice little feature.

4) As I've been adding more and more content to my texture and feature libraries it has come to my attention that a search function for these libraries would be extremely helpful.

Thank you for your time and your continued work on this delightful program.

Kanchou
Site Admin

Re: A few more

Post by Kanchou » Fri May 04, 2018 3:33 pm

Thank you for the feedback! Sorry i just now got to write back.
MattVG wrote:
1) I would find the ability to load and create custom color palettes with custom color swatches useful. Currently I use a graphics program to create an image of a color palette with the swatches I want and load it in as a feature. I then color pick from that.
That's a good idea, thank you! We'll see if we can add that as a color palette window.
MattVG wrote: 2) I don't particularly care for the current color dialogue box. It pops up, stopping everything and generally doesn't offer me the colors I'm looking for unless I switch to the "Custom" tab and then I find it difficult to choose the exact hue I'm looking for. I realize this isn't a painting program, but a color picker with a bit more functionality would be nice. I've always found the square for saturation and value picking set within an outer hue wheel to be the most useful of the different color pickers. Making it a dockable window rather than a popup would be nice as well.
My current preferred color selection widget/thing. It makes it very easy to select which colors you want:
That's a good point. Right now we are switching over to a new UI library, but it still uses the native OS's color dialog. We'll see if we can add a more advanced color dialog.
MattVG wrote: 3) A resizeable texture window that allows the display of a greater number of thumbnails, would be handy. The same would be useful for the feature thumbnail window. Resizeable thumbnails would also be a nice little feature.
Yep. That we had already planned working on after the OSX release.
MattVG wrote: 4) As I've been adding more and more content to my texture and feature libraries it has come to my attention that a search function for these libraries would be extremely helpful.
Also under way.

Thank you!

- Alejandro
Alejandro S. Canosa
Three Minds Software