Autosave the work in progress

Archive of feature requests that were added to OWM

Moderator: Kyete

game

Autosave the work in progress

Post by game » Tue Jun 27, 2017 6:16 pm

I usually tend to forgot about saving manually.

I had a few crash and lost hours of work.

Yes, it's a bad habit, but lots of software have an autosave feature or at least a recover tool.

And many thanks for this great tool: I really suck at visual design and I manage to produce nice things with it, that's a pretty good sign :)

Kanchou
Site Admin

Re: Autosave the work in progress

Post by Kanchou » Wed Jun 28, 2017 12:44 pm

game wrote:I usually tend to forgot about saving manually.

I had a few crash and lost hours of work.

Yes, it's a bad habit, but lots of software have an autosave feature or at least a recover tool.

And many thanks for this great tool: I really suck at visual design and I manage to produce nice things with it, that's a pretty good sign :)
We are really glad you are liking Other World Mapper!! V0.9.1 should solve most (dear I say all?) the hard crash issues.

Regarding Auto-Save. Other World Mapper has auto -save and auto recovery (auto save runs every 5 minutes approximately). What kind of crash did you encounter when OWM didn't recover?

Thanks!

- Alejandro
Alejandro S. Canosa
Three Minds Software

game

Post by game » Wed Jun 28, 2017 7:01 pm

I did have the crash related to the list management issue (http://www.otherworldmapper.com/forum/v ... 1065#p1065)
I did not save at all (so an unnamed map) and I didn't get any recovery at all.

Kanchou
Site Admin

Post by Kanchou » Sun Jul 02, 2017 2:41 pm

game wrote:I did have the crash related to the list management issue (http://www.otherworldmapper.com/forum/v ... 1065#p1065)
I did not save at all (so an unnamed map) and I didn't get any recovery at all.
The auto-recovery works in certain types of hangs, but you are right that in some scenarios (haven't saved at all, etc) it doesn't work.

It's too late to make changes to the auto-save/recovery for this release, but we'll add that to our to do investigation list for the next one.

Thank You!

- Alejandro
Alejandro S. Canosa
Three Minds Software