Save Custom Fonts for Themes

Archive of feature requests that were added to OWM

Moderator: Kyete

Cronus3166

Save Custom Fonts for Themes

Post by Cronus3166 » Tue Aug 30, 2016 11:45 pm

So I've been trying to setup some different themes from various artwork I've purchased. And I haven't been able to find a way to save a particular Font + Font Settings (Colors/Size/Outline)

I believe right now it just remembers the last font that I used, but resets everything to Black, Font Size: 30

Kanchou
Site Admin

Re: Save Custom Fonts for Themes

Post by Kanchou » Wed Aug 31, 2016 12:18 am

Cronus3166 wrote:So I've been trying to setup some different themes from various artwork I've purchased. And I haven't been able to find a way to save a particular Font + Font Settings (Colors/Size/Outline)

I believe right now it just remembers the last font that I used, but resets everything to Black, Font Size: 30
I think it's saving the font settings for the label tool as part of the theme when it gets exported. Do you mean adding the ability to save label tool presets that go with the theme? We'll make sure to add that functionality for the next release! But let us know if you meant something else.

Thank you!

- Alejandro
Alejandro S. Canosa
Three Minds Software

Cronus3166

Post by Cronus3166 » Wed Sep 14, 2016 12:38 am

Kanchou wrote:
Cronus3166 wrote:So I've been trying to setup some different themes from various artwork I've purchased. And I haven't been able to find a way to save a particular Font + Font Settings (Colors/Size/Outline)

I think it's saving the font settings for the label tool as part of the theme when it gets exported. Do you mean adding the ability to save label tool presets that go with the theme? We'll make sure to add that functionality for the next release! But let us know if you meant something else.

Thank you!

- Alejandro
Yeah, like when I create a theme, say "Super Bright Color Theme" I want to save a Font setting to go with that theme. That way, every time I go to use the Font, I don't have to keep changing the color for both the inside and outside when I load up that Theme.

My other issue, is like right now I'll be working on a Map, save it and close out the app. Then return later to keep working on it, but I have to reapply the colors for both inside and outside.

Cronus3166

Post by Cronus3166 » Sat Dec 31, 2016 3:57 am

Late follow-up I know. But for now I have found a nice trick to help with my issue.

Once I reload a map save:

I click on a pre-existing label.
Right click and select, copy properties.
Select and right click my new label and paste properties.

Easy peasy for now :D

Kanchou
Site Admin

Post by Kanchou » Sat Dec 31, 2016 12:00 pm

Cronus3166 wrote:Late follow-up I know. But for now I have found a nice trick to help with my issue.

Once I reload a map save:

I click on a pre-existing label.
Right click and select, copy properties.
Select and right click my new label and paste properties.

Easy peasy for now :D
Yep, that's a good workaround :D.

Beta 6 should cover the ability to create presets for Labels. Let us know if you find any issues!

- Alejandro
Alejandro S. Canosa
Three Minds Software