Merge or Subtract from Landmass, Etc.

Archive of feature requests that were added to OWM

Moderator: Kyete

SilverSurfer1221

Merge or Subtract from Landmass, Etc.

Post by SilverSurfer1221 » Tue May 25, 2021 3:13 pm

Yes, there is currently a way to do this. The end-user can draw two landmasses that overlap, select both, and then right-click and select Merge Paths>Union. And this is pretty great, to be honest.

What I would like to see, though, is an option (it could be a check box or something that is clicked) that allows this to happen automatically when you create a landmass that is overlapping another. So, if you have "ADD" checked, when you draw a second landmass and it overlaps another, it automatically does the union merge for you. If you have "SUBTRACT" checked, it does the difference for you automatically.

To me, this would speed things up for the designer. Currently, you have to follow these steps:

- Draw first landmass
- Draw second landmass
- Switch to Select Tool
- Click first landmass
- CTRL+CLICK second landmass
- Right Click and scroll down to Merge Paths wait for menu to open then select Union, Difference, or Intersection
- Rinse and repeat for each landmass addition/subtraction you want to create

That's a lot of clicks. Instead, the end-user could select the landmass tool, check Union, Difference, or Intersection and just draw. That's a lot less clicks in the end.

Kyete
Site Moderator

Re: Merge or Subtract from Landmass, Etc.

Post by Kyete » Fri Jun 25, 2021 5:53 pm

There is an add/subtract mode for the landmass tool. We have a video tutorial for it here: https://youtu.be/hn7na8gIFpY

-Katie

SilverSurfer1221

Post by SilverSurfer1221 » Fri Jun 25, 2021 6:29 pm

Wow. You are absolutely correct. Not sure how I missed this. Thanks for pointing it out, though. :)

Kanchou
Site Admin

Post by Kanchou » Wed Jul 07, 2021 5:40 pm

Moving to resolved :)

- Alejandro
Alejandro S. Canosa
Three Minds Software