Zone "solid fill" color not working (Linux 1.0.2)

Archive of resolved issues and feature additions completed.

Moderator: Kyete

nDervish

Zone "solid fill" color not working (Linux 1.0.2)

Post by nDervish » Tue Nov 03, 2020 12:10 pm

When creating a new Zone, the default color for "Solid Fill" is FF0000. If I change it, the object properties panel displays the new color correctly, but the actual fill color on the map remains red. All other object property settings for the zone appear to work correctly, including the opacity of the solid fill, so I definitely do have the correct object selected.

Kanchou
Site Admin

Re: Zone "solid fill" color not working (Linux 1.0.2)

Post by Kanchou » Thu Nov 05, 2020 11:14 am

nDervish wrote:
Tue Nov 03, 2020 12:10 pm
When creating a new Zone, the default color for "Solid Fill" is FF0000. If I change it, the object properties panel displays the new color correctly, but the actual fill color on the map remains red. All other object property settings for the zone appear to work correctly, including the opacity of the solid fill, so I definitely do have the correct object selected.
Have you noticed it only with Zones or with other tools as well?

Thank you!

- Alejandro
Alejandro S. Canosa
Three Minds Software

nDervish

Post by nDervish » Fri Nov 06, 2020 3:48 am

Kanchou wrote:
Thu Nov 05, 2020 11:14 am
nDervish wrote:
Only zones. But this is my first time using any of the "dungeon" map tools (I've only done overland maps previously), so I don't think I've tried changing properties on any of them aside from the stairs and zone tools so far.

Also, more detail on the "properties panel displays the new color correctly" part - after posting, I noticed that the color is properly displayed on the "select color" button, but the preview at the top of the properties panel also remains red (along with the actual zone on the map).
ZoneProps.png
ZoneProps.png (10.48 KiB) Viewed 5705 times
...and, when I went to get that screenshot, I also discovered that the selected color had reset to red, so I'm guessing the changed color didn't get saved, either.

nDervish

Post by nDervish » Sun Mar 07, 2021 7:35 am

Kanchou wrote:
Thu Nov 05, 2020 11:14 am
nDervish wrote:
Haven't used OWM much lately, but I've just now found a similar issue with another tool. I'm working on a map with "Sepia" as the default theme, which has a Text Label tool preset for sepia-colored text. Even when I change all three of format->font color, outline->color, and stroke->color to black, the color of the text remains unchanged.

Also, as with the originally-reported problem with Zones, the change of these colors does not appear to be saved - they all revert to their original sepia tones when the map is saved and reloaded.

I am able to change the text to dark green by selecting the Text Label preset from the Dead Swamp theme, but any attempt to manually set colors fails regardless of which of the two presets I select, and no themes appear to include a "black text" preset (presumably because that's the default if your map's base theme doesn't contain a Text Label preset).

Kyete
Site Moderator

Post by Kyete » Wed Mar 10, 2021 12:54 pm

Thank you for letting us know! We’ll make sure these issues are fixed for the next release!

-Katie

Kanchou
Site Admin

Post by Kanchou » Wed Jun 23, 2021 11:13 pm

This should have been fixed with V1.0.3 and still correct with V1.0.4 so moving to resolved.

Let us know if you are still seeing this problem.

- Alejandro
Alejandro S. Canosa
Three Minds Software