Renaming Layers

Archive of resolved issues and feature additions completed.

Moderator: Kyete

Rumburak

Renaming Layers

Post by Rumburak » Tue May 05, 2015 1:48 am

Good morning from Germany!

First of all: Thank you for OWM alpha - I started OWM for the first time and I'm already convinced that it will be a lot of fun to create maps with it. I just added a few Landmarks, Lakes and Rivers and it was a real pleasure. Very intuitive GUI, very easy to use (I remember my first 'steps' in CC3...). Keep up the good work!

After adding a few layers I tried the Auto Labels functionality. That worked as expected, but if you rename your labels you either have to remove and add the Auto Labels again, or you have to add another layer to get the new name shown on the map. That's a small issue and it's easy to work around, but it would be nice if Auto Labels would update automatically or if there would be a 'refresh labels' button.

Regards,
Patrick

Kyete
Site Moderator

Re: Renaming Layers

Post by Kyete » Tue May 05, 2015 12:39 pm

Hi Patrick,

Congratulations on being the first alpha tester to report a bug! The auto labels are suppose to update automatically. I have therefore moved the topic to the Bugs Topic.

We are really happy to hear you are having fun with it and thank you for helping us test the alpha release.

Katie

Rumburak

Post by Rumburak » Thu Jul 02, 2015 3:59 pm

Hi Katie,

I tried the auto label tool with v0.7.2 and I get another issue with it.
I renamed this feature to Nessie before I set auto labels for features. This is still working as expected:
Labeling_pict1.png
Labeling_pict1.png (40.38 KiB) Viewed 6584 times
After that, I tried to rename it, but only the upper half of the name changed:
Labeling_pict2.png
Labeling_pict2.png (34.08 KiB) Viewed 6584 times
Finally, I tried to move the feature on the map. After that it looked like that:
Labeling_pict3.png
Labeling_pict3.png (186.64 KiB) Viewed 6584 times
Removing Labels and setting auto labels again is working, so I can still work around this issue.

Regards
Patrick

Kanchou
Site Admin

Post by Kanchou » Mon Jul 06, 2015 11:46 am

Patrick,

I introduced that issue with symbols and auto labels making performance improvements to the OWM engine for V0.7.2. It will be fixed with our next release.

Thank you for catching it!

- Alejandro
Alejandro S. Canosa
Three Minds Software