Weird Text behavior in 0.9.7

Archive of resolved issues and feature additions completed.

Moderator: Kyete

orangebug

Weird Text behavior in 0.9.7

Post by orangebug » Mon Jun 10, 2019 11:19 pm

I'm getting some weird text behavior in 0.9.7. I have a cartouche off to the side of the map, over the ocean, with a bunch of text on it (the cartouche is an image). I just noticed a typo in the text today, and went to change it. But when I export the map, the image export still had the typo, and the text box had seemingly reverted back to the previous version.

It took me a while of poking around, but it seems that when I click on the text box with the text tool and edit it, it duplicates the text layer and nests it within Landmass 1 (as opposed to the root, since it's over the ocean). The modified text layer then shoots down below the cartouche image, and the text box appears to "revert" back to it's previously unedited state. The weirdest thing is that the newly duplicated (and edited) text layer isn't selectable via the map editor, I have to find and click on it in the layer tree.

To the right is OWM, with the text field newly edited. I immediately exported the image, which is displayed on the left. The typo "DOCK WARD" has reappeared. When I go back to OWM, and try to click on the text box again with the text tool, it immediately reverts back to DOCK WARD. If I then edit the box, it disappears from sight (but is still clickable and is in the layer tree).

In this image, I've moved the text field down from on top of the cartouche, and also moved the cartouche up, revealing the duplicated text box exactly where it was before I edited it. But now it's stuck somewhere on Landmass 1's tree, and is not clickable within the map editor window. If I manage to find it in the layers tree, I can delete it.
System Info:
CPU: i7-4790K @ 4.00GHz
RAM: 32GB
GPU: AMD RX 480

Kanchou
Site Admin

Re: Weird Text behavior in 0.9.7

Post by Kanchou » Tue Jun 11, 2019 1:55 pm

orangebug wrote:I'm getting some weird text behavior in 0.9.7. I have a cartouche off to the side of the map, over the ocean, with a bunch of text on it (the cartouche is an image). I just noticed a typo in the text today, and went to change it. But when I export the map, the image export still had the typo, and the text box had seemingly reverted back to the previous version.
Would it be possible for you to send us the map to info@threemindssoftware.com or another map showing the issue? Doing a quick test we couldn't reproduce it, but we did fix previously a bug that would cause duplicated labels to be created. It's possible that the duplication existed already in the map from the previous bug.

Thank you!!

- Alejandro
Alejandro S. Canosa
Three Minds Software

orangebug

Post by orangebug » Wed Jun 12, 2019 1:35 am

Email sent.

I had already updated to 0.9.7 before I started working on this map.
System Info:
CPU: i7-4790K @ 4.00GHz
RAM: 32GB
GPU: AMD RX 480

Kanchou
Site Admin

Post by Kanchou » Wed Jun 12, 2019 12:01 pm

orangebug wrote:Email sent.

I had already updated to 0.9.7 before I started working on this map.
We were able to reproduce the issue, thank you!
As a workaround until the next release, if you hide the Landmass OWM won't create the duplicated layer.

- Alejandro
Alejandro S. Canosa
Three Minds Software