Editable text in Text Labels

Archive of resolved issues and feature additions completed.

Moderator: Kyete

mark

Post by mark » Tue Jan 09, 2018 6:24 pm

I could be overlooking something, but I'm find it frustrating that I cannot edit the actual text of a Text Label.

I find it is easy to spend a long time formatting the curve of the text, the font, colour, shadow, outline and placement of the Text Label, but if I want to make a minor alteration to the actual text I believe I have to start over.

So if I wanted to make a series of very similar Text Labels, all in exactly the same styles, I have to do each one from scratch rather than copying and pasting and just editing the actual text string.

Any chance this could be addressed? :)
Vikingr -- 9th century PbP using Mythras

Kanchou
Site Admin

Re: Editable text in Text Labels

Post by Kanchou » Tue Jan 09, 2018 9:48 pm

mark wrote:Editable text in Text Labels

I could be overlooking something, but I'm find it frustrating that I cannot edit the actual text of a Text Label.

I find it is easy to spend a long time formatting the curve of the text, the font, colour, shadow, outline and placement of the Text Label, but if I want to make a minor alteration to the actual text I believe I have to start over.

So if I wanted to make a series of very similar Text Labels, all in exactly the same styles, I have to do each one from scratch rather than copying and pasting and just editing the actual text string.

Any chance this could be addressed? :)
The text is in-place edit (like Photoshop basically). If you select the "Label Tool" you'll notice the cursor changes when hovering over the label. If you click, it will select it and you should get a text cursor.

And that point you can backspace, type, etc.

Let me know if that takes care of it :)

Thanks!

- Alejandro
Alejandro S. Canosa
Three Minds Software

mark

Post by mark » Wed Jan 10, 2018 5:45 am

Try as I might, I couldn't get that to work previously. I believe it may have been due to the very large file size I'm working with as after reading your reply and rebooting it was working perfectly. I'm delighted.

Thank you so much,you seem to have thought of everything! :D
Kudos
Vikingr -- 9th century PbP using Mythras

Kanchou
Site Admin

Post by Kanchou » Mon Jan 22, 2018 2:38 pm

mark wrote: Thank you so much,you seem to have thought of everything! :D
Kudos
Only because we've had excellent feedback :).

- Alejandro
Alejandro S. Canosa
Three Minds Software