Auto Label + Text Label Tool

Archive of resolved issues and feature additions completed.

Moderator: Kyete

mark

Auto Label + Text Label Tool

Post by mark » Tue Jan 09, 2018 1:42 pm

Auto Label for 'features' doesn't appear to work correctly, regardless of the font I choose or the colour it defaults to some other font in a brown colour.

Not a bug, but opacity cannot be set for the Auto Labels...

--------------------

When typing in with the Text Label Tool, using modifier keys produces unexpected results rather than the expected accented or alternative characters.

My work around is to open another app (any, even Sticky Labels or Notepad) and write my text with the standard modifier keys as required, then copy and paste the text back into Other World Mapper Text Label Tool.
Vikingr -- 9th century PbP using Mythras

Kanchou
Site Admin

Re: Auto Label + Text Label Tool

Post by Kanchou » Tue Jan 09, 2018 2:02 pm

mark wrote:Auto Label for 'features' doesn't appear to work correctly, regardless of the font I choose or the colour it defaults to some other font in a brown colour.
I think the problem there is the UI for that window is confusing (Auto labels are due for a functionality and general update soon - they haven't changed since Alpha)
mark wrote: Not a bug, but opacity cannot be set for the Auto Labels...
Noted. We'll try to add that for the next release. Ty!
mark wrote: When typing in with the Text Label Tool, using modifier keys produces unexpected results rather than the expected accented or alternative characters.

My work around is to open another app (any, even Sticky Labels or Notepad) and write my text with the standard modifier keys as required, then copy and paste the text back into Other World Mapper Text Label Tool.
What type of modifier keys? Are you entering special symbols via the numpad (i.e. ALT+163)?

Thank you very much for the feedback!!

- Alejandro
Alejandro S. Canosa
Three Minds Software

Kanchou
Site Admin

Post by Kanchou » Tue Jan 09, 2018 2:17 pm

On the Auto Labels, to clarify, you have to click on the "Features" button and the title of the group box will update to say "Feature Label Properties." You know at that point you are editing the properties for the feature auto labels.

Let us know if that does it.

Thanks!

- Alejandro
Alejandro S. Canosa
Three Minds Software

mark

Post by mark » Tue Jan 09, 2018 3:17 pm

Kanchou wrote:What type of modifier keys? Are you entering special symbols via the numpad (i.e. ALT+163)?
With my UK-English keyboard layout, for example, if I press Control+Alt I will get non-standard accented letters, such as "ó" or "é" or "Í" etc, as I do typing here on in any other software.

Using the Text Label Tool, with the same key combinations I get ￳ "￳ " (square symbol), "←" & "ᅪ". It's very odd.
Kanchou wrote:On the Auto Labels, to clarify, you have to click on the "Features" button and the title of the group box will update to say "Feature Label Properties." You know at that point you are editing the properties for the feature auto labels.
Yes, great thanks, that worked. Clearly, it was just (new) user error! ;)
Vikingr -- 9th century PbP using Mythras

Kanchou
Site Admin

Post by Kanchou » Tue Jan 09, 2018 5:01 pm

mark wrote:With my UK-English keyboard layout, for example, if I press Control+Alt I will get non-standard accented letters, such as "ó" or "é" or "Í" etc, as I do typing here on in any other software.

Using the Text Label Tool, with the same key combinations I get ￳ "￳ " (square symbol), "←" & "ᅪ". It's very odd.
We'll fix this with the next release. Thank you for bringing it to our attention!!
mark wrote:Yes, great thanks, that worked. Clearly, it was just (new) user error! ;)

If it's not clear right away, it's on us ;)

"A user interface is like a joke. If you have to explain it, it’s not that good."

Thanks!

- Alejandro
Alejandro S. Canosa
Three Minds Software