Change point type

Archive of resolved issues and feature additions completed.

Moderator: Kyete

TrolleFrostholm

Change point type

Post by TrolleFrostholm » Thu Jul 14, 2016 5:39 am

After drawing and selecting the point to manipulate them i could use to change a fractal point to an bezier point.

I this possible ?

Kanchou
Site Admin

Re: Change point type

Post by Kanchou » Thu Jul 14, 2016 4:33 pm

TrolleFrostholm wrote:After drawing and selecting the point to manipulate them i could use to change a fractal point to an bezier point.

I this possible ?
Hello!

Fractal segments are made of "tight" bezier curves (unless you set the tension to 0). If you select an item with the point edit tool and then change the points type to "Full path points" from the top bar, then you'll see all the points and not just the shape control points.

If you try to drag one of the path points, you'll see that you will be pulling bezier control points (they just happen to overlap the "core point").

Hopefully that made sense the way I explained it! If it didn't please let me know.

Thanks!

- Alejandro
Alejandro S. Canosa
Three Minds Software

TrolleFrostholm

Post by TrolleFrostholm » Thu Jul 14, 2016 7:09 pm

Well i kind of did ;) but there are maybee 100-1000 points.

I don't know if this is posible, but what i was looking for was a way to convert a control point to another type.

Kanchou
Site Admin

Post by Kanchou » Thu Jul 14, 2016 10:00 pm

TrolleFrostholm wrote:Well i kind of did ;) but there are maybee 100-1000 points.

I don't know if this is posible, but what i was looking for was a way to convert a control point to another type.
Okay, so you are looking at changing an entire "segment" I think? You could select that segment with the segment edit tool and remove the fractal - that will make it into a line that you can then "pull" to turn into a curve.

Let me know if I'm getting closer :)

- Alejandro
Alejandro S. Canosa
Three Minds Software

TrolleFrostholm

Post by TrolleFrostholm » Fri Jul 22, 2016 8:25 am

I can make it into a strait line, but i cannot curve it, the benzir points is not there...

Am I doing it wrong?

Kanchou
Site Admin

Post by Kanchou » Fri Jul 22, 2016 3:34 pm

TrolleFrostholm wrote:I can make it into a strait line, but i cannot curve it, the benzir points is not there...

Am I doing it wrong?
Back on point editing (in full path mode), if you select a line the segment and drag it will start to curve from the point you clicked on and you will see the bezier control points appear.

- Alejandro
Alejandro S. Canosa
Three Minds Software

TrolleFrostholm

Post by TrolleFrostholm » Sun Jul 24, 2016 7:57 am

Thanks for the tip... It works now :)