Auto Labels Not Exporting

Archive of resolved issues and feature additions completed.

Moderator: Kyete

Mook

Auto Labels Not Exporting

Post by Mook » Sun Apr 03, 2016 4:55 am

Hello!

Possible bug I didn't see reported elsewhere.

I drew a quick map, but had made the canvas way too big. There were 8 labels: 7 auto labels, and 1 manual label made with the Text Label Tool ("Apache Country"):

I did a Box Select then chose "New From Selection." The map copied over fine, but all the auto labels were gone. The single manual label was fine.

Opening the Auto Label dialogue on the new map shows that all of the "Show" boxes are unchecked, and the font changes from the original map were not carried over (they were at defaults).

I also did an "Export Map" to a PNG file (so I could just crop it in Photoshop), but the 7 auto labels were stripped out of that as well (and the single manual label survived).

I think this is a bug, though I've only had the program like a week and could just be missing a setting.

By the way, I could not be more pleased with OWM, even in its current Beta state -- exactly what I was looking for when I pledged for it. Excellent work!

Kyete
Site Moderator

Re: Auto Labels Not Exporting

Post by Kyete » Mon Apr 04, 2016 11:24 am

Hello,

That is indeed a bug. A large bug that's apparently been hiding under the rug. We've added it to our tracking list and it'll be fixed for the next release.

We're really happy to hear you're enjoying the program! Thanks for all the help testing!
-Katie