True Type Font Errors

Archive of resolved issues and feature additions completed.

Moderator: Kyete

efremj

True Type Font Errors

Post by efremj » Mon Feb 22, 2016 11:52 pm

Hello again!

I've noticed that several True Type fonts simply don't show up when selected while using the Label tool. There were several TT fonts that don't seem to work but Monotype Corsiva is the one I was really looking to use for certain labels which is why I remember it specifically.

To replicate the error I created a Label in Arial, then I selected Monotype Corsiva and the label text just disappeared. When I selected another font, it showed up again. That led me to use my down arrow key and start at the top of my font list and work my way down, watching as certain fonts caused the label to simply blink out until you changed the font to the next one in the list.

Thought you'd want to know. Thanks!

Kyete
Site Moderator

Re: True Type Font Errors

Post by Kyete » Tue Feb 23, 2016 11:40 am

Hello,

I've replicated the bug here and will look into fixing it for the next release. Only two of the default Windows fonts made it blink out, but I'm downloading more for testing.

Thanks for the feedback!

-Katie

Kyete
Site Moderator

Post by Kyete » Tue Feb 23, 2016 5:06 pm

Update: This bug has been fixed for the next release. Certain fonts are only available in one style (regular, bold, etc). For a work around, if a font doesn't show up, try different styles. Monotype Corsiva will show if you set the label to italic.

Thanks again for catching this!

-Katie

efremj

Post by efremj » Tue Feb 23, 2016 10:49 pm

Kyete wrote:Update: This bug has been fixed for the next release. Certain fonts are only available in one style (regular, bold, etc). For a work around, if a font doesn't show up, try different styles. Monotype Corsiva will show if you set the label to italic.

Thanks again for catching this!

-Katie
Excellent! I wish I would have checked this thread before posting in the other one about the label error. I'll try that tonight with the MC font.

Thanks!

-Efrem