Label/Text Errors

Archive of resolved issues and feature additions completed.

Moderator: Kyete

efremj

Label/Text Errors

Post by efremj » Mon Feb 22, 2016 11:35 pm

Hello!

Tonight while trying to add a Label to one of my continents I encountered the error in the screen shot I've attached here:

I tried to replicate the error but was not able to. However, on subsequent attempts to add a label anywhere on the map, the label tool stopped working. The cursor changes to the Text/Label cursor but will not switch to the blinking cursor that lets you type on the page. Even saving the map, closing the software and re-starting it didn't clear up the problem.

Kanchou
Site Admin

Re: Label/Text Errors

Post by Kanchou » Tue Feb 23, 2016 7:52 am

efremj wrote:Hello!

Tonight while trying to add a Label to one of my continents I encountered the error in the screen shot I've attached here:

I tried to replicate the error but was not able to. However, on subsequent attempts to add a label anywhere on the map, the label tool stopped working. The cursor changes to the Text/Label cursor but will not switch to the blinking cursor that lets you type on the page. Even saving the map, closing the software and re-starting it didn't clear up the problem.
Any chance you can email me the map in question? Or a stripped down map that still causes the issue?
That would be very helpful debugging.

acanosa@threemindssoftware.com

Thank you!

- Alejandro
Alejandro S. Canosa
Three Minds Software

efremj

Post by efremj » Tue Feb 23, 2016 11:44 am

Kanchou wrote: Any chance you can email me the map in question? Or a stripped down map that still causes the issue?
That would be very helpful debugging.

acanosa@threemindssoftware.com

Thank you!

- Alejandro
Yes--I'll send it when I get home this evening.

-Efrem

Kyete
Site Moderator

Post by Kyete » Tue Feb 23, 2016 5:14 pm

I think there might be a connection between this error and the True Type Font bug you found. When I was trying to place a label with Monotype Corsiva it also refused to show the caret for entering text, the text didn't show and the label couldn't be selected. The only way to interact with it was through the layers window.

-Katie

efremj

Post by efremj » Tue Feb 23, 2016 10:47 pm

Kyete wrote:I think there might be a connection between this error and the True Type Font bug you found. When I was trying to place a label with Monotype Corsiva it also refused to show the caret for entering text, the text didn't show and the label couldn't be selected. The only way to interact with it was through the layers window.

-Katie
Hi Katie,

Yeah, I noticed that too--that I could get to the unseen label by clicking on the layers window. I wound up using a different font just so I make some progress on the map but it would be cool if that bug got worked out for a future build. Good luck and thanks for looking!

-Efrem