Other World Mapper beta

Archive of resolved issues and feature additions completed.

Moderator: Kyete

user001

Other World Mapper beta

Post by user001 » Thu Feb 18, 2016 7:28 pm

Just bought the beta - anyone else having trouble with region/boundary lines following the contours of landmasses? Even when I click on the "click to follow contour" I just get the regular fractal lines, not a line that follows the contour of the landmass.

Kanchou
Site Admin

Re: Other World Mapper beta

Post by Kanchou » Thu Feb 18, 2016 9:00 pm

user001 wrote:Just bought the beta - anyone else having trouble with region/boundary lines following the contours of landmasses? Even when I click on the "click to follow contour" I just get the regular fractal lines, not a line that follows the contour of the landmass.
What Windows version are you running?

(I'm moving this thread to under bugs)

Thanks!

- Alejandro
Alejandro S. Canosa
Three Minds Software

user001

Post by user001 » Thu Feb 25, 2016 5:45 pm

Sorry for the delay - running Windows 7 Enterprise.

Kanchou
Site Admin

Post by Kanchou » Fri Feb 26, 2016 2:53 pm

user001 wrote:Sorry for the delay - running Windows 7 Enterprise.
No problem!

Are you having this problem all the time? Or just with some landmasses? There was an issue with one of our Windows dependencies that we created a work around for (the issue fix will be out with Beta 3), but we thought it only affected Windows Vista.

Can you email me a map with landmasses showing this problem? (acanosa@threemindssoftware.com)

Thank you!!

- Alejandro
Alejandro S. Canosa
Three Minds Software

user001

Post by user001 » Wed Mar 23, 2016 8:11 pm

Here's another questions - how do I make a small dot on the map that would represent a city or town? I don't want to use any of the art provided in feature tool - just need to create a small black circle on the map that I'd then label with text.

Thanks!

Kanchou
Site Admin

Post by Kanchou » Wed Mar 23, 2016 11:40 pm

user001 wrote:Here's another questions - how do I make a small dot on the map that would represent a city or town? I don't want to use any of the art provided in feature tool - just need to create a small black circle on the map that I'd then label with text.

Thanks!
Hello!

Beta 4 will include a "normal" cartography set with city symbols, capital, etc, and such. Originally scheduled for Beta 3 but it didn't quite make it.

They will be SVG symbols so you could scale them as you want without pixelation, etc.

- Alejandro
Alejandro S. Canosa
Three Minds Software