Importing/Using Custom Art

Archive of resolved issues and feature additions completed.

Moderator: Kyete

efremj

Importing/Using Custom Art

Post by efremj » Sun Feb 14, 2016 11:07 pm

Hello!

I setup a couple of folders today using the instructions in the Help document and I inserted several .png graphics into the folders I created in my OWM directory structure under the /Features folder.

I started up OWM and created a new canvas but when I went to select the custom .png tiles, they don't show up in the list of available images.

I'm not sure if this is a bug or there's some kind of size/file size limitation but I thought I'd report it just in case.

Thanks!

Kanchou
Site Admin

Re: Importing/Using Custom Art

Post by Kanchou » Mon Feb 15, 2016 7:27 am

efremj wrote:Hello!

I setup a couple of folders today using the instructions in the Help document and I inserted several .png graphics into the folders I created in my OWM directory structure under the /Features folder.

I started up OWM and created a new canvas but when I went to select the custom .png tiles, they don't show up in the list of available images.

I'm not sure if this is a bug or there's some kind of size/file size limitation but I thought I'd report it just in case.

Thanks!
They should have shown up. Can you:

a) Check to make sure the extension is "png" in lower case (that's the same bug as the other case sensitive bug)
b) Check to make sure you created subfolders the way the default artwork is setup.

There is no size limitation, as long as the file is "png" OWM should parse it, since that's how it's doing the default artwork as well.

Thanks!

- Alejandro
Alejandro S. Canosa
Three Minds Software

efremj

Re: Importing/Using Custom Art

Post by efremj » Wed Feb 17, 2016 8:58 pm

That was totally it, Alejandro--the extension was all uppercase (.PNG). I ran a batch conversion on my directories and switched it to lower case and BAM! Worked like a charm. Thanks!