Export Map - PNG

Archive of resolved issues and feature additions completed.

Moderator: Kyete

AtmaVegeta

Export Map - PNG

Post by AtmaVegeta » Fri Feb 12, 2016 6:49 pm

I've been trying to export as .png. It displays like it's exporting (same as .bmp, jpg etc, which all work) but .png file never shows up in my folders. I've double and tripled checked folders.

Not sure if bug?

Thanks!

Kanchou
Site Admin

Re: Export Map - PNG

Post by Kanchou » Fri Feb 12, 2016 7:31 pm

AtmaVegeta wrote:I've been trying to export as .png. It displays like it's exporting (same as .bmp, jpg etc, which all work) but .png file never shows up in my folders. I've double and tripled checked folders.

Not sure if bug?

Thanks!
We haven't had any problems exporting to png, but it's dependent on a Windows codec. What OS are you running (and is it 32 or 64 bits)?

Also, did you try to export a "blank" map that just has the canvas?

Thank!

- Alejandro
Alejandro S. Canosa
Three Minds Software

AtmaVegeta

Post by AtmaVegeta » Fri Feb 12, 2016 8:26 pm

I'm running Windows 10.

Yeah I'm 100% sure canvas isn't blank. I can export it as .bmp or .jpg (or other) and works fine. Export as .png and it goes through the process but doesn't actually create a file in the folder (whereas the other export types like .bmp) the file shows up in the folder.

And I made sure saving in correct place (same spot for all files).

EDIT: On continued testing I see what the problem is. The only way I can get it to produce a .png file is I manually name it "test.png". If i name it "test" or "test.PNG" (default is .PNG on mine, with caps) it doesn't actually create the file it seems. Whereas if I save .bmp as just "test" or "test.bmp" it exports fine.

Kanchou
Site Admin

Post by Kanchou » Fri Feb 12, 2016 10:01 pm

AtmaVegeta wrote:EDIT: On continued testing I see what the problem is. The only way I can get it to produce a .png file is I manually name it "test.png". If i name it "test" or "test.PNG" (default is .PNG on mine, with caps) it doesn't actually create the file it seems. Whereas if I save .bmp as just "test" or "test.bmp" it exports fine.
That's it! For some reason in your PC it defaults to "PNG" in upper case.
The code is telling which format codec to use from the extension, but it's only looking for the lower case, so that's the bug.

We'll fix it with the next release.

Thank you!!

- Alejandro
Alejandro S. Canosa
Three Minds Software