Lava trench experiment.

Talk about map artwork, share links to artwork (including symbols you made). Please DO NOT link to downloads or sites that are breaking someone's copyrights.

Moderator: Kyete

Kevin H.

Lava trench experiment.

Post by Kevin H. » Mon Jul 13, 2020 3:31 pm

Hello everyone! I'm really loving everything that can be done with this program! I really wanted a cool looking "lava trench" and was delighted to see that there are so many options to upload and use custom textures. I started off with a "test texture" to see how everything tiles and orients:

After I got that figured out, I got to work. My early attempts all had cracks in the stone segments and a lot of lava between the "cool" sections. It just wasn't working, but I was very happy with the positioning and tiling of the textures.

Finally I added in a lot more red, and put the "cool spots" a lot closer together and ditched the cracks. It's still got a few tiling issues that need to be tweaked but I'm pretty happy with it so far. What do you all think?

Kyete
Site Moderator

Re: Lava trench experiment.

Post by Kyete » Tue Jul 14, 2020 12:50 pm

Hello! That looks awesome! We're glad you're enjoying the program. Let us know if you have any questions or feedback!

-Katie

Kevin H.

Post by Kevin H. » Thu Jul 16, 2020 11:59 am

Thanks! I will have some feedback very soon. I just realized though, that I botched the link to the finished version of the trench. Here's what I finally came up with:

MichaelvanK

Post by MichaelvanK » Mon Jul 20, 2020 6:21 am

Nice!

Are you prepared to share the texture?

;)
I'm a writer who builds worlds with words, but now I can build pictures too!