Video Tutorials?

Other World Mapper mapping tutorials.

Moderator: Kyete

IronConrad

Video Tutorials?

Post by IronConrad » Sat Mar 02, 2019 7:51 pm

Love the product. I finally upgraded my computer to run the software more efficiently and went back to my Other World Maps.

But, the tutorials on line seem out of date? Perhaps I'm just not finding the links. Were there a number of videos done with the no sound?

Do you have a good link to current tutorials? I don't need the most advanced stuff but making maps with slightly different styles would be great!!

Perhaps some of the reviewers on the Internet did a good tutorial that you stumbled upon? (The ones I found tended to be early versions.)

This is by no means a complaint, I know you have your hands full. Just sharing what would make new user's experience better.

Kanchou
Site Admin

Re: Video Tutorials?

Post by Kanchou » Wed Mar 06, 2019 11:58 pm

IronConrad wrote:Love the product. I finally upgraded my computer to run the software more efficiently and went back to my Other World Maps.

But, the tutorials on line seem out of date? Perhaps I'm just not finding the links. Were there a number of videos done with the no sound?

Do you have a good link to current tutorials? I don't need the most advanced stuff but making maps with slightly different styles would be great!!

Perhaps some of the reviewers on the Internet did a good tutorial that you stumbled upon? (The ones I found tended to be early versions.)

This is by no means a complaint, I know you have your hands full. Just sharing what would make new user's experience better.
It should be a complain :)

We've been meaning to create video tutorials for a while, but we are a small team so we never seem to have the time as we are trying to catch up. I'm hoping it's something that will happen soon, as the OSX version is out and the Linux version should be out soon too (which were taking a lot of our time).

The only tutorial/demo video we've seen online was in German. We think the reviewer liked OWM :D
Alejandro S. Canosa
Three Minds Software

ORtrail

Post by ORtrail » Thu Sep 17, 2020 9:10 pm

Just wanted to say I appreciate video tutorials. It's just easier for me to watch and see how things are done versus reading text and trying to follow the steps that way.

Kanchou
Site Admin

Post by Kanchou » Fri Oct 09, 2020 10:09 pm

ORtrail wrote:
Thu Sep 17, 2020 9:10 pm
Just wanted to say I appreciate video tutorials. It's just easier for me to watch and see how things are done versus reading text and trying to follow the steps that way.
Thank you! Glad they have helped.

We'll have more out this month.

- Alejandro
Alejandro S. Canosa
Three Minds Software