Mansard Bevel Control, Flat Roofs with Walled Tops?

Request changes or additions in functionality.

Moderator: Kyete

Dave Woodrum

Mansard Bevel Control, Flat Roofs with Walled Tops?

Post by Dave Woodrum » Mon May 22, 2023 8:00 am

I was wondering if it would be possible to add the ability to decrease the thickness of the beveled edges of the Mansard style roofs, or allow us to have flat roofs with a "walled" type edge.
Owner/Operator of Fishwife Games brand of products. Over 1,100 products to choose from at: https://www.drivethrurpg.com/browse/pub ... m=fishwife
Table top game designer, 3d print modeler, music arranger.

Kanchou
Site Admin

Re: Mansard Bevel Control, Flat Roofs with Walled Tops?

Post by Kanchou » Tue May 23, 2023 4:46 pm

Dave Woodrum wrote:
Mon May 22, 2023 8:00 am
I was wondering if it would be possible to add the ability to decrease the thickness of the beveled edges of the Mansard style roofs, or allow us to have flat roofs with a "walled" type edge.
We could probably do both! For decreasing the thickness, do you mean being able to make it not a fix ratio but a variable ratio?

Thank you!

- Alejandro
Alejandro S. Canosa
Three Minds Software

Dave Woodrum

Re: Mansard Bevel Control, Flat Roofs with Walled Tops?

Post by Dave Woodrum » Tue May 23, 2023 9:15 pm

I do on the variable part. Basically what I would like is to use the pre-existing building function to make some more modern flat topped buildings, but a bit more stylish than simply using the 2d shapes (which of course is an option). I could get close to the same effect by either having very thin beveled sides of the mansard roof or have a roof that has a thin line wall around the top of the building.
(this is also what inspired me to ask about the 3d chisel version of the 2d shapes)
Owner/Operator of Fishwife Games brand of products. Over 1,100 products to choose from at: https://www.drivethrurpg.com/browse/pub ... m=fishwife
Table top game designer, 3d print modeler, music arranger.