Custom workspaces

Request changes or additions in functionality.

Moderator: Kyete

Sticktwig

Custom workspaces

Post by Sticktwig » Fri Oct 07, 2022 8:24 am

Like a fool, having decided I prefer hand-drawn land borders, I'm experimenting with Sidecar between my M1 Mac and iPad. It works, but I'm finding it challenging. If I leave a high screen resolution, the buttons are small and hard to click even with the Pencil. If I lower the iPad resolution, it helps but then the OWM side columns remain full size (width) and leave me with an odd portrait shaped workspace in the middle.

So to really make it work, I have to turn off all the windows before initiating Sidecar. I've worked with other software where users can create custom workspaces. So I could have one with all the windows on for when I'm on my monitor and all off when on my iPad. Any chance we could add this to the feature requests?

Thanks

Kanchou
Site Admin

Re: Custom workspaces

Post by Kanchou » Mon Oct 10, 2022 5:10 pm

Sticktwig wrote:
Fri Oct 07, 2022 8:24 am
Like a fool, having decided I prefer hand-drawn land borders, I'm experimenting with Sidecar between my M1 Mac and iPad. It works, but I'm finding it challenging. If I leave a high screen resolution, the buttons are small and hard to click even with the Pencil. If I lower the iPad resolution, it helps but then the OWM side columns remain full size (width) and leave me with an odd portrait shaped workspace in the middle.

So to really make it work, I have to turn off all the windows before initiating Sidecar. I've worked with other software where users can create custom workspaces. So I could have one with all the windows on for when I'm on my monitor and all off when on my iPad. Any chance we could add this to the feature requests?

Thanks
We'll look into it. Also, next release is getting a refresh of the UI library and it should be resolution aware on a per monitor basis..

Thank you!
Alejandro S. Canosa
Three Minds Software