Generic VTT output?

Request changes or additions in functionality.

Moderator: Kyete

evildmguy

Generic VTT output?

Post by evildmguy » Mon Jan 17, 2022 1:21 pm

Greetings!

Are there any plans to allow for the Generic VTT output? I can't say exactly what it is other than when I load it into my VTT, it has the walls and doors done for me. As I am still gaming remote, big thing for me.

Thanks!

edg

Kyete
Site Moderator

Re: Generic VTT output?

Post by Kyete » Mon Jan 17, 2022 3:18 pm

We'd be happy to look into adding another export type. Could you tell me what file type or program you're using? Or send us a sample file?

-Katie

evildmguy

Post by evildmguy » Mon Jan 17, 2022 3:22 pm

Eek.

So, I posted this to a CC3 FB group and apparently there is no standard. I was going by Dungeondraft's ability to output a "Universal VTT" file as if that was a thing and apparently it is not. It combines png, jpg, and xml into a dd2vtt file. d20Pro can import that file, Foundry VTT needs an additional plug in to do it.

So, the direct answer is Dungeondrafts Universal VTT format, as that would get me what I want but I don't know what it contains.

Thanks!

edg

Kyete
Site Moderator

Post by Kyete » Thu Jan 20, 2022 11:22 am

Oh good, I thought we had missed something huge. :lol: I've added it to our list to investigate and we'll let you know if it's something we can do. Thank you for all the info!

-Katie

evildmguy

Post by evildmguy » Mon Feb 28, 2022 11:22 am

Okay, I found more information.

It seems as if Megasploot, of Dungeondraft, created the "standard" and others are following it.

https://www.reddit.com/r/FoundryVTT/com ... _map_file/

Here is the link to the Foundry module (javascript) that explains how the dd2vtt files is parsed.

https://github.com/moo-man/FVTT-DD-Impo ... dimport.js

It may be easy or hard, I am not sure! Just sharing what I found out.

Thanks!

edg