See Tool/Edges Outside of Map Edge When Drawing

Request changes or additions in functionality.

Moderator: Kyete

SilverSurfer1221

See Tool/Edges Outside of Map Edge When Drawing

Post by SilverSurfer1221 » Tue May 25, 2021 3:41 pm

Currently, if I am drawing a landmass, region, etc., and my mouse goes outside the edge of the canvas, you cannot see where the mouse cursor is, nor can you see the edges being drawn. There are times when I need my edges to extend for several clicks on the outside of the canvas (like for several clicks down the page or whatever), but I can only guess. This is especially bad if I am using fractal lines to draw with as some of the fractal edges may show up on the canvas when I don't want them to (like when I am trying to surround a landmass that is very close to an edge, so I want that which I am surrounding it with to go off the page). In order to help with this, I would like to be able to see my mouse cursor/tool and the edges being laid down when I go off the page. I don't want to see them at all times, but only when I am drawing them (and only the ones I am drawing).

Thanks. :)

Kyete
Site Moderator

Re: See Tool/Edges Outside of Map Edge When Drawing

Post by Kyete » Tue Sep 07, 2021 10:16 pm

It sounds like what you want is Snap to Edge. If you click on the Snap to Edge option in the toolbar, then when you place a point close to the edge of the map it should snap the point outside the canvas by a little ways (you should see the line preview move when you're close enough). Placing multiple points in a row like this should create straight line edges to the item that are off the canvas so it appears the item runs off the map. Would that work for what you want to do?

-Katie

SilverSurfer1221

Post by SilverSurfer1221 » Fri Sep 17, 2021 3:45 pm

That would work, certainly. However, the current system works ... I just need to see my cursor when I'm off the map. :)

Kyete
Site Moderator

Post by Kyete » Mon Jan 03, 2022 2:41 pm

That would be a lot simpler. :lol: I'll add it so our list. Thank you for the feedback!

-Katie