Secret Doors

Request changes or additions in functionality.

Moderator: Kyete

user_nh

Secret Doors

Post by user_nh » Mon Feb 26, 2018 10:27 pm

Whelp, you fixed a bug that broke my workflow. :evil: ;) We're talking dungeon map goodness for roleplay purposes.

So, with the last version, I would basically not use the corridor-tool because it was way more efficient to just add to the already existing room. And sometimes, when you added to an existing room juuust so, the wall was still closed but without any corner lines giving away that there was a supersecret corridor behind it.

And now this doesn't work anymore which makes me a sad panda.

Corridors however, are always closed. I can't layer them behind rooms either so that doesn't work to hide the telltale cornerlines from observant players (and would only work in one direction anyway, the lines would be noticable from the other side which is just as bad).

I can still create different rooms, but now their numbers are a lot higher and I have to constantly move one room back or forward or whatnot and basically plan out which room I build when ahead of time (not helpful when you're still adding or removing things as you go).

So either tell me what I'm doing wrong or there would have to be something added or changed in order to have those pesky lines not appear.

Oh, right, examples!
example.jpg
example.jpg (182.19 KiB) Viewed 5153 times
Part of a sewer map of mine. To the right of the GMnote 'shards of glass' (and below the stairs) is an example of a perfectly hidden supersecret corridor wall. Go further right, however, and the lines betray the dungeon keeper, so to speak.

Hope it helps.