Extend Feature Tool and other suggestions and wishes

Request changes or additions in functionality.

Moderator: Kyete

djblueprint

Extend Feature Tool and other suggestions and wishes

Post by djblueprint » Fri Apr 15, 2016 1:27 pm

Hi there,I'm totally new (2 days) to OWM. You may laugh, but I bought into Beta because I needed a quick solution for building a map as a birthday present (Voucher for a travel). Because I'm graphics addicted (mainly 3D - see my Forum http://www.3d-board.de) I'm interested in the further development of OWM and because of that, here are my first wishes after I created my first map successfully:

Feature Tool
Options: Would be so (!) great if you add Blend Modes - mainly "Multiply", "Luminosity", "Color Burn", "Linear Burn" and "Subtract" - that would make it much easier to add own Features that integrate wonderful with the current map style

Tools
When you move the cursor over an icon you already added a tooltip that describes which Tool it is - would be nice if you extend this tooltip with the matching Shortcut

Only my first thoughts. I'm curious to follow the further development of OWM.

greetz
dj

Kanchou
Site Admin

Re: Extend Feature Tool and other suggestions and wishes

Post by Kanchou » Sun Apr 17, 2016 11:26 am

djblueprint wrote:Hi there,I'm totally new (2 days) to OWM. You may laugh, but I bought into Beta because I needed a quick solution for building a map as a birthday present (Voucher for a travel). Because I'm graphics addicted (mainly 3D - see my Forum http://www.3d-board.de) I'm interested in the further development of OWM and because of that, here are my first wishes after I created my first map successfully:
No laughing. I think it's awesome OWM is being used for lots of different purposes!!
djblueprint wrote: Feature Tool
Options: Would be so (!) great if you add Blend Modes - mainly "Multiply", "Luminosity", "Color Burn", "Linear Burn" and "Subtract" - that would make it much easier to add own Features that integrate wonderful with the current map style
That makes a lot of sense. One of our backers is a professional fantasy cartographer and she's made similar suggestions during alpha testing. We'll see where we can fit in the schedule but we have to balance new features with fulfilling our Kickstarter promises first. It's something we want to do and it's in our future additions list.
djblueprint wrote: Tools
When you move the cursor over an icon you already added a tooltip that describes which Tool it is - would be nice if you extend this tooltip with the matching Shortcut
We didn't think of that! We'll make sure to add it for Beta 4. Thank you!

Please don't hesitate to post with any feedback or questions.

Thank you!!

- Alejandro
Alejandro S. Canosa
Three Minds Software

djblueprint

Post by djblueprint » Tue Apr 26, 2016 3:25 pm

Hi Alejandro,

thanks for your answer.

I found another from which I think it might be a good addition:

When you draw a road in the style you want and then want to add another road as branch it seems impossible that the second (branched) road got a different style. But it would be great if this were possible. Because sometimes you want to have a big main road from which a smaller sub road goes a branch. I hope you know what I mean. If not, let me know and I'll demonstrate in a short video.

greetz
dj

Kanchou
Site Admin

Post by Kanchou » Tue May 03, 2016 12:57 am

djblueprint wrote:Hi Alejandro,

thanks for your answer.

I found another from which I think it might be a good addition:

When you draw a road in the style you want and then want to add another road as branch it seems impossible that the second (branched) road got a different style. But it would be great if this were possible. Because sometimes you want to have a big main road from which a smaller sub road goes a branch. I hope you know what I mean. If not, let me know and I'll demonstrate in a short video.

greetz
dj
Hello!

Sorry for the late reply, Beta 4's got all of our time :)

Yep. I see exactly what you mean. We are setting it up so that we could eventually make it work that way. For now only the size can be different, but we'll work towards making the style also be selectable per branch.

Thanks!

- Alejandro
Alejandro S. Canosa
Three Minds Software