Exporting woes

Archive of resolved issues and feature additions completed.

Moderator: Kyete

Baratan

Exporting woes

Post by Baratan » Mon Apr 24, 2023 1:44 pm

Please help me. Whenever I export my map, no matter what format I choose the colors change and become wrong.

Kanchou
Site Admin

Re: Exporting woes

Post by Kanchou » Thu Apr 27, 2023 3:17 pm

Baratan wrote:
Mon Apr 24, 2023 1:44 pm
Please help me. Whenever I export my map, no matter what format I choose the colors change and become wrong.

Sorry for the late reply!

What version are you running? Also, can you tell us what item type seems to be missing or the wrong color for the output?

Thank you!

- Alejandro
Alejandro S. Canosa
Three Minds Software

Kanchou
Site Admin

Post by Kanchou » Thu Apr 27, 2023 3:21 pm

(And awesome looking map, by the way!! :) )
Alejandro S. Canosa
Three Minds Software

Baratan

Post by Baratan » Sun Apr 30, 2023 11:49 am

Kanchou wrote:
Thu Apr 27, 2023 3:17 pm
Baratan wrote:
Mon Apr 24, 2023 1:44 pm

Sorry for the late reply!

What version are you running? Also, can you tell us what item type seems to be missing or the wrong color for the output?

Thank you!

- Alejandro
I am using version 1.0.6

The part that is discolored is the canvas. It does not matter what file format I choose, .bmp, .jpg, .png it comes out a different color as can be seen in the preview and partially transparent. However, there is no transparency applied to the canvas layer.

I would like to export it exactly as it appears in the editor, but it always comes out looking like the preview instead.

Kyete
Site Moderator

Post by Kyete » Tue May 02, 2023 4:33 pm

We're looking into the issue, but haven't managed to replicate it yet. Are you using a mac or windows OS?

Also, if you wouldn't mind sending that map or another that shows the same issue to our email, info@threemindssoftware.com , that would be a huge help.

Thank you!
-Katie

Balmung

Post by Balmung » Tue May 02, 2023 4:57 pm

What happens when you export as multiple layers? Is the responsable layer also wrong?

Baratan

Post by Baratan » Thu May 04, 2023 12:03 pm

Kyete wrote:
Tue May 02, 2023 4:33 pm
We're looking into the issue, but haven't managed to replicate it yet. Are you using a mac or windows OS?

Also, if you wouldn't mind sending that map or another that shows the same issue to our email, info@threemindssoftware.com , that would be a huge help.

Thank you!
-Katie
Sent map and windows information to info@threemindssoftware.com. Thanks.

Kanchou
Site Admin

Post by Kanchou » Sun May 07, 2023 10:05 pm

Baratan wrote:
Thu May 04, 2023 12:03 pm
Kyete wrote:

Thank you!
-Katie
Thank you!

We looked over the map and we see the issue. It seems to be mostly with the export preview, but the actual export is very close to what you see in program. We are looking into what's causing the color shift and the very wrong preview and we'll fix it with the upcoming release, but I'm hoping that exporting the map all the way gives you an output that is close enough to what you need.
Let me know otherwise, and we'll try to find a temporary work around.

Thank you!

- Alejandro
Alejandro S. Canosa
Three Minds Software

Baratan

Post by Baratan » Mon May 08, 2023 8:20 am

Kanchou wrote:
Sun May 07, 2023 10:05 pm
Baratan wrote:
Thu May 04, 2023 12:03 pm
Kyete wrote:

Thank you!
-Katie
Thank you!

We looked over the map and we see the issue. It seems to be mostly with the export preview, but the actual export is very close to what you see in program. We are looking into what's causing the color shift and the very wrong preview and we'll fix it with the upcoming release, but I'm hoping that exporting the map all the way gives you an output that is close enough to what you need.
Let me know otherwise, and we'll try to find a temporary work around.

Thank you!

- Alejandro
Really? Because, when I export it as a .png and then open it in PaintShopPro it looks like this...

When I try to publish it online, it looks like this...

Kanchou
Site Admin

Post by Kanchou » Tue May 09, 2023 11:14 pm

Baratan wrote:
Mon May 08, 2023 8:20 am

Really? Because, when I export it as a .png and then open it in PaintShopPro it looks like this...
I see it now, I didn't notice it because the issue is the canvas appears partially transparent so it depends on the background of the app where you open the export. Investigating why the canvas is exporting like that, but a simple work around would be do draw a Region using the Region Tool roughly behind the areas affected and set it to the same settings as the canvas for color and texture.

I tried exporting that and it looks the way it should.

Going to continue investigating what triggers the issue with your map since I don't seem to be able to do it when starting the map from scratch.

Thank you!

- Alejandro
Alejandro S. Canosa
Three Minds Software