Exporting woes

Archive of resolved issues and feature additions completed.

Moderator: Kyete

Kanchou
Site Admin

Re: Exporting woes

Post by Kanchou » Tue May 09, 2023 11:24 pm

Kanchou wrote:
Tue May 09, 2023 11:14 pm
Baratan wrote:
Mon May 08, 2023 8:20 am

Really? Because, when I export it as a .png and then open it in PaintShopPro it looks like this...
I see it now, I didn't notice it because the issue is the canvas appears partially transparent so it depends on the background of the app where you open the export. Investigating why the canvas is exporting like that, but a simple work around would be do draw a Region using the Region Tool roughly behind the areas affected and set it to the same settings as the canvas for color and texture.

I tried exporting that and it looks the way it should.

Going to continue investigating what triggers the issue with your map since I don't seem to be able to do it when starting the map from scratch.

Thank you!

- Alejandro
Found the issue! I think you must have copy/pasted properties between an item and the canvas (of the ones that allow it), but that happened to have a solid fill that allows for opacity selection.

The canvas does not allow selection of opacity for the solid fill so the property got pasted leaving the color at 50% opacity but with no way to change (or see that was the case).

You can fix your map by applying the settings you want for color/texture to a landmass then copy/pasting the properties to the canvas so the opacity of the color is at 100%.

Thank you for the issue report! This was a complicated bug I'm glad we'll be able to fix with our upcoming release.

- Alejandro
Alejandro S. Canosa
Three Minds Software

Kanchou
Site Admin

Re: Exporting woes

Post by Kanchou » Tue May 09, 2023 11:26 pm

On a separate note... we probably should allow for opacity selection for the canvas fill and showing the program background with a "pattern" like Photoshop does so you can see it's partially transparent.
Alejandro S. Canosa
Three Minds Software