Courtyard Building Does Not Respect Texture Without Roof Checked On

Archive of resolved issues and feature additions completed.

Moderator: Kyete

Uldar

Courtyard Building Does Not Respect Texture Without Roof Checked On

Post by Uldar » Fri Jul 23, 2021 2:32 am

Excited to have the courtyard building option. Thanks for that. I've been building them manually, so this is a great time saver. I've found that the building doesn't respect the settings of the Texture options if Roof isn't checked on. This is a significant hindrance. I have a lot more uses for this without roof than with.

Reproduce:
1) Draw courtyard building
2) Make some texture changes
3) Toggle Roof on/off => Texture settings are ignored while Roof is off

Uldar

Re: Courtyard Building Does Not Respect Texture Without Roof Checked On

Post by Uldar » Fri Jul 23, 2021 4:31 am

While you're looking at it, are all the textures upside down? Look at grass or dunes.

Kyete
Site Moderator

Post by Kyete » Fri Jul 23, 2021 4:09 pm

We found the issue with the courtyard and it'll be fixed for the next version. Thank you for pointing it out!

I'm not seeing an issue with the textures. Is it only for specific textures, and if so, which ones?

-Katie

Uldar

Post by Uldar » Fri Jul 23, 2021 11:24 pm

Right now I'm creating a new building (rectangular vertical), unchecking roof, turning on texture, and selection Expansion Skins -> Water01. It's set to Angle 0, but it's showing at 90. The waves are not level. Same thing for Grassland01. It's 90.

When I restart OWM and try again, vertical buildings per the above steps are still off by 90, horizontal drawn rectangular buildings are off 180. The same skins are upside down. Grass points down, waves upside-down, etc.

Kyete
Site Moderator

Post by Kyete » Mon Jul 26, 2021 6:11 pm

I was able to replicate it and I see what you mean now. I'll add it to our bug list to fix for next version. Thank you for letting us know!

-Katie