autosave can't find map directory and tool bar glitch

Request small changes or additions in functionality.

Moderator: Kyete

User avatar
Kanchou
Site Admin
Posts: 883
Joined: Mon Nov 10, 2014 2:23 pm

Re: autosave can't find map directory and tool bar glitch

Post by Kanchou » Sun Aug 04, 2019 12:10 pm

peejosity wrote:Hey guys, I'm getting these errors too. Win10 x64 Can post screen shots if needed.

Also when I do create the folder that it can't "find", it gets other errors.
What other errors do you get when you create the folder it can't find?

Thank you!

- Alejandro
Alejandro S. Canosa
Three Minds Software

peejosity
Posts: 3
Joined: Thu Aug 01, 2019 3:51 am

Re: autosave can't find map directory and tool bar glitch

Post by peejosity » Mon Aug 05, 2019 5:23 pm

Hey, will post some screenies tonight if I get the chance. Neck is messed up at the moment so spending as little time as possible on the PC :(

Cheers

User avatar
Kanchou
Site Admin
Posts: 883
Joined: Mon Nov 10, 2014 2:23 pm

Re: autosave can't find map directory and tool bar glitch

Post by Kanchou » Mon Aug 05, 2019 6:23 pm

peejosity wrote:Hey, will post some screenies tonight if I get the chance. Neck is messed up at the moment so spending as little time as possible on the PC :(

Cheers
Hopefully you feel better soon! Neck pain is not fun :(

We already fixed the issue with the version that is coming out shortly, so I wanted to make sure the extra errors is not a problem that we need to address before the next release.

Thank you!!

- Alejandro
Alejandro S. Canosa
Three Minds Software

Mhodred
Posts: 2
Joined: Mon Sep 16, 2019 11:03 am

Re: autosave can't find map directory and tool bar glitch

Post by Mhodred » Tue Sep 17, 2019 1:43 pm

Just a fyi here. I just purchased and installed OWM, and this issue is still happening. I'm not exactly what you would call "tech-savvy", so I went with the location for the program that the installer defaulted to. Please send detailed instructions on how to resolve this issue, that a 4 year old could follow, I did say I wasn't "tech-savvy"

Thanks

User avatar
Kanchou
Site Admin
Posts: 883
Joined: Mon Nov 10, 2014 2:23 pm

Re: autosave can't find map directory and tool bar glitch

Post by Kanchou » Thu Sep 19, 2019 8:39 pm

Mhodred wrote:Just a fyi here. I just purchased and installed OWM, and this issue is still happening. I'm not exactly what you would call "tech-savvy", so I went with the location for the program that the installer defaulted to. Please send detailed instructions on how to resolve this issue, that a 4 year old could follow, I did say I wasn't "tech-savvy"

Thanks
Sorry for the late reply, I just saw this!

Our next release is almost here, and it will fix the issue.

Meanwhile, you can go to the path that the error message is mentioning and create the "Autosave" folder.
For instance, in my case it's:

C:\Users\Alejandro\AppData\Local\Other World Mapper

(Alejandro is my user)

So I would navigate to that folder and create the "Autosave" folder inside.

Let me know if you need more help with this.

Thank you!

- Alejandro
Alejandro S. Canosa
Three Minds Software

Mhodred
Posts: 2
Joined: Mon Sep 16, 2019 11:03 am

Re: autosave can't find map directory and tool bar glitch

Post by Mhodred » Thu Sep 19, 2019 11:05 pm

No worries, I created a folder in the Other World Mapper Folder called Autosave, yet still get..

23:01:54: Directory 'C:\Users\Les\AppData\Local\Other World Mapper\Autosave' couldn't be created (error 3: The system cannot find the path specified.)
23:01:54: File 'C:\Users\Les\AppData\Local\Other World Mapper\Autosave\C9BFA3C5EFDF401591A21099F4B4CC0A.Untitled-1.owm' couldn't be removed (error 3: The system cannot find the path specified.)


so much fun. :P

thanks for the help.

User avatar
Kanchou
Site Admin
Posts: 883
Joined: Mon Nov 10, 2014 2:23 pm

Re: autosave can't find map directory and tool bar glitch

Post by Kanchou » Fri Sep 20, 2019 11:03 am

Mhodred wrote:No worries, I created a folder in the Other World Mapper Folder called Autosave, yet still get..

23:01:54: Directory 'C:\Users\Les\AppData\Local\Other World Mapper\Autosave' couldn't be created (error 3: The system cannot find the path specified.)
23:01:54: File 'C:\Users\Les\AppData\Local\Other World Mapper\Autosave\C9BFA3C5EFDF401591A21099F4B4CC0A.Untitled-1.owm' couldn't be removed (error 3: The system cannot find the path specified.)


so much fun. :P

thanks for the help.
That is really odd. Sorry that didn't fix it!

Question:
Do you have multiple users/accounts in that PC? Or is "Les" the only one?

Could you
1) go to "C:\Users\Les\AppData\Local\Other World Mapper\" on your computer using FIle Explorer.
2) Right click on the Autosave folder you created and select properties
3) Go to the Security Tab
4) Click on "Administrators" and see if the "Write" row has a check mark under allow?

You can also send us a screenshot at info@threemindssoftware.con is that's easier (or email us the responses there too).

Thank you for your patience!

- Alejandro
Alejandro S. Canosa
Three Minds Software

User avatar
Balmung
Posts: 92
Joined: Sun Mar 28, 2021 2:12 pm
Location: Germany

Re: autosave can't find map directory and tool bar glitch

Post by Balmung » Sun Apr 04, 2021 1:34 am

I just checked if the autosaves are working correctly now and have to report: they don't :)
  • Windows 10 Professional x64
  • Folder exists (AppData\Local\Other World Mapper\Autosave)
I tried to use a different folder on different storage too, but OWM still don't create autosave files.
System information:
  • Windows 10 Professional x64
  • AMD Ryzen 5 3600XT
  • 32GB DDR4 RAM
  • Nvidia GeForce 3070 FE

User avatar
Kanchou
Site Admin
Posts: 883
Joined: Mon Nov 10, 2014 2:23 pm

Re: autosave can't find map directory and tool bar glitch

Post by Kanchou » Tue Apr 06, 2021 3:29 pm

Balmung wrote:
Sun Apr 04, 2021 1:34 am
I just checked if the autosaves are working correctly now and have to report: they don't :)
  • Windows 10 Professional x64
  • Folder exists (AppData\Local\Other World Mapper\Autosave)
I tried to use a different folder on different storage too, but OWM still don't create autosave files.
How did you verify this? It's working for our testing.

Thank you!

- Alejandro
Alejandro S. Canosa
Three Minds Software

User avatar
Balmung
Posts: 92
Joined: Sun Mar 28, 2021 2:12 pm
Location: Germany

Re: autosave can't find map directory and tool bar glitch

Post by Balmung » Tue Apr 06, 2021 3:37 pm

Kanchou wrote:
Tue Apr 06, 2021 3:29 pm
How did you verify this?
I go inside the autosave folder and look if files were created.

It's set to 3 (minutes, I guess) and nothing happens.
Attachments
autosave.PNG
autosave.PNG (80.04 KiB) Viewed 400 times
System information:
  • Windows 10 Professional x64
  • AMD Ryzen 5 3600XT
  • 32GB DDR4 RAM
  • Nvidia GeForce 3070 FE

Post Reply