Program closes when selecting PRINT

Report new issues and add information on existing ones.

Moderator: Kyete

sharez66

Program closes when selecting PRINT

Post by sharez66 » Wed Sep 05, 2018 4:36 pm

As the title suggests when I select PRINT from the FILE menu the Program just closes down completely. Haven`t found this problem anywhere in the forums, am I the only one?

Kanchou
Site Admin

Re: Program closes when selecting PRINT

Post by Kanchou » Wed Sep 05, 2018 11:38 pm

sharez66 wrote:As the title suggests when I select PRINT from the FILE menu the Program just closes down completely. Haven`t found this problem anywhere in the forums, am I the only one?
We've never heard of that problem. Are you running the Windows or the OSX version?

(If you need to get something printed right away, remember you can export as png or pdf and print that.)

Thank you!

- Alejandro
Alejandro S. Canosa
Three Minds Software

sharez66

Post by sharez66 » Thu Sep 06, 2018 11:37 am

Hi, I`m using the Windows version

Kanchou
Site Admin

Post by Kanchou » Thu Sep 06, 2018 11:40 am

sharez66 wrote:Hi, I`m using the Windows version
More questions then :)

1. Just to confirm, V0.9.4 of OWM?
2. What version of Windows are you running?
3. How many printers do you have installed in your system?

Thank you!
Alejandro S. Canosa
Three Minds Software

sharez66

Post by sharez66 » Thu Sep 06, 2018 2:52 pm

You made me think when you asked how many printers I have installed. It occured to me that I had not unistalled my old printer from my system. So I uninstalled both printers, then reinstalled my current one and that did the trick. I am now happily printing maps again.

Many thanks.

Kanchou
Site Admin

Post by Kanchou » Fri Sep 07, 2018 11:43 am

sharez66 wrote:You made me think when you asked how many printers I have installed. It occured to me that I had not unistalled my old printer from my system. So I uninstalled both printers, then reinstalled my current one and that did the trick. I am now happily printing maps again.

Many thanks.
Still looks like a bug with OWM. I thought at first that it maybe due to no printers being installed, but you did have two. Maybe there was no default printer?

We'll investigate for the next release.

Thank you!

- Alejandro
Alejandro S. Canosa
Three Minds Software

nDervish

Post by nDervish » Sat Sep 08, 2018 4:41 am

Kanchou wrote:
sharez66 wrote:You made me think when you asked how many printers I have installed. It occured to me that I had not unistalled my old printer from my system. So I uninstalled both printers, then reinstalled my current one and that did the trick. I am now happily printing maps again.
Still looks like a bug with OWM. I thought at first that it maybe due to no printers being installed, but you did have two. Maybe there was no default printer?
He mentioned that he hadn't uninstalled his "old printer", which suggests to me that there were still settings in place for a printer that was no longer connected. I'm thinking that maybe there was a default printer set... but it was set to a printer that didn't exist.

sharez66

Post by sharez66 » Sat Sep 08, 2018 12:06 pm

Hello, I have been able to print other things from Office etc, but I had to manually change the default to COPY 2 of my installed printers. I think maybe it only defaulted for that program, not my PC as a whole. As I said it is working fine now, no problems at all.

mmarbut

Post by mmarbut » Sun Feb 02, 2020 3:10 pm

I am on the linux vesion and mine also crashes when I select print. See below from the command line after the program crashes.

(OWM:7704): Gtk-CRITICAL **: 15:07:51.649: IA__gtk_print_context_create_pango_context: assertion 'GTK_IS_PRINT_CONTEXT (context)' failed

(OWM:7704): Gtk-CRITICAL **: 15:07:51.649: IA__gtk_print_context_create_pango_layout: assertion 'GTK_IS_PRINT_CONTEXT (context)' failed

(OWM:7704): Gtk-CRITICAL **: 15:07:51.650: IA__gtk_print_context_get_cairo_context: assertion 'GTK_IS_PRINT_CONTEXT (context)' failed

(OWM:7704): Gtk-CRITICAL **: 15:07:51.650: IA__gtk_print_context_get_page_setup: assertion 'GTK_IS_PRINT_CONTEXT (context)' failed
Segmentation fault (core dumped)

Kanchou
Site Admin

Post by Kanchou » Mon Feb 03, 2020 8:27 pm

Thank you everyone for the extra info!!

Still looking to have this fix in with our next release, which are entering regression testing for.

Thank you!

- Alejandro
Alejandro S. Canosa
Three Minds Software