Feature Resizing with Shift-scroll wheel resizes AND scrolls window

Report new issues and add information on existing ones.

Moderator: Kyete

MattVG

Feature Resizing with Shift-scroll wheel resizes AND scrolls window

Post by MattVG » Fri Apr 06, 2018 3:38 pm

When I shift-scroll with the mouse wheel, not only does the feature resize, but the map scrolls as well... the map probably shouldn't scroll.
I'm running Windows 8.1 if that's pertinent information.

Kanchou
Site Admin

Re: Feature Resizing with Shift-scroll wheel resizes AND scrolls window

Post by Kanchou » Sat Apr 07, 2018 4:28 pm

MattVG wrote:When I shift-scroll with the mouse wheel, not only does the feature resize, but the map scrolls as well... the map probably shouldn't scroll.
I'm running Windows 8.1 if that's pertinent information.
Thank you for the feedback!

Are you scrolling with the regular wheel or does your mouse also have a horizontal scroll wheel? I can't seem to reproduce it in Win 10 (I'll try with Win 8 later just in case).

Thanks!

- Alejandro
Alejandro S. Canosa
Three Minds Software

MattVG

Post by MattVG » Sat Apr 07, 2018 9:53 pm

My mouse wheel does tilt slightly left and right to allow horizontal scrolling. The mouse I'm using is a Logitech G502.

Kanchou
Site Admin

Post by Kanchou » Tue Apr 10, 2018 1:02 am

MattVG wrote:My mouse wheel does tilt slightly left and right to allow horizontal scrolling. The mouse I'm using is a Logitech G502.
Still can't make it happen with several mice, including one that has a separate horizontal scroll wheel. We'll try to get more feedback from other users to see if anybody else is experiencing this.

- Alejandro
Alejandro S. Canosa
Three Minds Software

MattVG

Post by MattVG » Tue Apr 10, 2018 9:00 am

Ah, I figured out what was causing it. I use X-Mouse Button Control to reverse the scrolling direction, but that causes OWM to scroll even when holding shift. Disabling it fixes the issue. I guess I'll go hunt down the command line command to switch scrolling direction.

Kanchou
Site Admin

Post by Kanchou » Mon Apr 16, 2018 1:55 pm

MattVG wrote:Ah, I figured out what was causing it. I use X-Mouse Button Control to reverse the scrolling direction, but that causes OWM to scroll even when holding shift. Disabling it fixes the issue. I guess I'll go hunt down the command line command to switch scrolling direction.
Thank you for the info! We'll try to make it so that you can use the x-mouse button control to reverse the scrolling direction. I don't think it would cause any conflicts.

Thank you!

- Alejandro
Alejandro S. Canosa
Three Minds Software