River disappears when landmass is rotated

Report new issues and add information on existing ones.

Moderator: Kyete

Firemaker282

River disappears when landmass is rotated

Post by Firemaker282 » Mon Sep 12, 2022 7:32 pm

I created a land mass with some rivers and lakes on it however after finishing a few other land mass I wanted to change how this one fit so I went to rotate it so I could move it around. When I did this I noticed a portion of one of my rivers disappeared. When I selected the river from the layers tool the entire river still showed it was there and when I tried rotating it back to normal the river would reappear and disappear seemingly at random with different portions either missing or incomplete. In the images below you can see when I rotated it at 10 degrees the river reappeared entirely but whenever I put it back at 340 degrees (the desired rotation) a big portion of the river just vanishes. Saving, exiting, and then reopening appears to fix the problem temporarily but if I try and rotate the landmass again after relaunching it still disappears. I'm not quite sure how to fix this and would really appreciate any feedback.
Attachments
otherworldmapper issue 1.1.JPG
otherworldmapper issue 1.1.JPG (220.09 KiB) Viewed 1684 times
otherworldmapper issue 1.0.JPG
otherworldmapper issue 1.0.JPG (221.79 KiB) Viewed 1684 times

Kyete
Site Moderator

Re: River disappears when landmass is rotated

Post by Kyete » Wed Sep 14, 2022 3:34 pm

I was able to reproduce the bug here and it seems to happen only when using the toolbar slider/text box to change the rotation. There must be some gap in the code and the area isn't being added to the re-render area. I've added it to our issue list and we'll try to have it fixed next release. It doesn't seem to happen when rotating the landmass using the gear handle on the selection box, so you should be able to use that as a work around for the time being.

Thank you for letting us know!
-Katie

Firemaker282

Re: River disappears when landmass is rotated

Post by Firemaker282 » Wed Sep 14, 2022 8:18 pm

thanks so much I'll try the gearbox!