Bugs "German keyboard layout"?

Report new issues and add information on existing ones.

Moderator: Kyete

Vanderil

Post by Vanderil » Mon Oct 04, 2021 12:34 pm

Hello everyone,

I apologize, I am not a native English speaker (but German).

I noticed that it seems the German keyboard layout has possible some errors under current Windows 10 Pro German / Ryzen 3700x 64 GB RAM (in the English keyboard environment this behavior does not occur). When the German language is enabled in the settings and entering text, the some letters are not displayed as text, but the program performs actions.

For example, the letter small g causes the grid to be displayed, pressing the letter small g again hides the grid. A small d is not written, but I cannot see any program action.

Thank you in advance

Vanderil

Balmung

Re: Bugs "German keyboard layout"?

Post by Balmung » Mon Oct 04, 2021 12:58 pm

I'm not sure I understand the issue correctly but I tried to write a "d" in a label (on a german keyboard of course) and it works.

Vanderil

Post by Vanderil » Mon Oct 04, 2021 1:37 pm

Text f.e. "Ingolf" in German - Result no small g, but grid is on. Another small g - grid is off. No small d in text label. :(

Edit: just tested again, app deinstalled completely, installed and same behaviour.

Kanchou
Site Admin

Post by Kanchou » Mon Oct 04, 2021 4:20 pm

Vanderil wrote:
Mon Oct 04, 2021 1:37 pm
Text f.e. "Ingolf" in German - Result no small g, but grid is on. Another small g - grid is off. No small d in text label. :(

Edit: just tested again, app deinstalled completely, installed and same behaviour.
Looking into it.

Are you running the program in English or German translation? (That is, what language do you have selected).

Thank you!

- Alejandro
Alejandro S. Canosa
Three Minds Software

Mark Oliva

Post by Mark Oliva » Tue Oct 05, 2021 1:26 am

We have Windows 10 Professional systems here in Northern Bavaria. Two run the German version of Windows and one runs the U.S. version. All have German keyboards. We have no US or UK keyboards. Until now I haven't used OWM on a German-Windows machine, but after reading this thread, I decided to try it out. I am unable to duplicate the problems described above, either with German Windows and the German keyboard or with US Windows and the German keyboard. I don't know what's causing the problem, but I wonder if the user has the wrong code page active.
Mark Oliva
The Vintyri™ Project
https://www.vintyri.org
info@vintyri.org

Vanderil

Post by Vanderil » Tue Oct 05, 2021 12:15 pm

Hello all,

thank you for your replies. Error still exist in my WIN 10 Pro German installation with OWC german translation... Hmmm I deleted and reinstalled OWM. error stills occur ...
Mark Oliva wrote:
Tue Oct 05, 2021 1:26 am
...if the user has the wrong code page active.
Can you just explain, please? What do you mean here (just to clarify)?

Thank you.

Best regards

Vanderil

Balmung

Post by Balmung » Tue Oct 05, 2021 12:46 pm

I was able to reproduce the issue: Settings -> Language -> Deutsch

After restarting OWM, I got the same issues as descriped. Switching back to EN fixed everything.

My physical keyboard or OS language doesn't seem to matter.

Mark Oliva

Post by Mark Oliva » Wed Oct 06, 2021 2:05 am

Seeing that you need instructions for the German Windows 10 Pro version, I'm going to switch to German here. That shouldn't bother anyone, seeing that this is a problem only with use of the German Windows versions.

Es ist irritierend, aber manchmal muss man vorübergehend die Einstellungen in Windows ändern, um englischsprachige Programme erfolgreich in der deutschen Version von Windows zu benutzen. Als Balmung vorgeschlagen hat, muss Folgendes mit OWM gemacht werden.

1. Das kleine Windows-Symbol unten links auf dem Bildschirm mit der linken Maustaste anklicken.

2. Die Option Einstellungen wählen.

3. Die Option Zeit und Sprache wählen.

4. Die Option Sprache wählen.

5. Unter Windows Anzeigesprache, die Option English (United States) wählen.

Nach der Arbeit mit OWM diese Einstellung wieder auf Deutsch (Deutschland) setzen.

Servus,
Mark Oliva
The Vintyri™ Project
https://www.vintyri.org
info@vintyri.org

Kyete
Site Moderator

Post by Kyete » Wed Nov 03, 2021 12:24 pm

Hey, I've reproduced this on our end and added it to our list. It will be fixed for next version, which should be coming out soon! Thank you all for letting us know!

-Katie