Greeting from Durban, South Africa

New to the forums? Say hi! and tell others about you.

Moderator: Kanchou

skc

Greeting from Durban, South Africa

Post by skc » Sat Apr 16, 2022 12:48 pm

I am Shawn from Durban South Africa. (Where all the floods are at the moment - April 2022):
I bought your program yesterday and this afternoon had to tear myself away from playing around with it, to thank you and say how your software has so far exceeded my expectations. (and cheered up our gloomy situation;)

I am a long term Tabletop Wargamer and often write up game reports and maps for the club. After trying to do this with a multitude of programs such as Photoshop, Gimp, Inkscape, Wonderdraft, MS Paint #D etc and spending more time trying to understand the programs then actually making the maps, finally Other World Mapper seems to be able to do what I want!

I was delighted to see I can import photos of my figures as Features and incorporate them into my maps.
F.Y.I. attached is a VERY primitive, work in progress, map I've been playing about with. (you need to Zoom in)

Thankyou for responding to my pre-purchase queries.
I shall in future write a review for our Durban Wargames Group FB page and I look forward to future interactions with you.
Test Map.png
Test Map.png (2.16 MiB) Viewed 3309 times