Hello From DAZ land

New to the forums? Say hi! and tell others about you.

Moderator: Kanchou

diogenese19348

Hello From DAZ land

Post by diogenese19348 » Mon Jan 22, 2018 11:09 am

:D I had never heard about this project before this weekend when Digital Art Live offered a tutorial on making fantasy maps that mentioned it over at DAZ. Tried out the Demo, and liked it enough to pick up a copy. I mainly do comics, and being able to do maps will help with some of the stories, particularly when my characters are on quests trying to find obscure objects in even more obscure places. Which is pretty much all the time.

Kanchou
Site Admin

Re: Hello From DAZ land

Post by Kanchou » Mon Jan 22, 2018 3:06 pm

diogenese19348 wrote::D I had never heard about this project before this weekend when Digital Art Live offered a tutorial on making fantasy maps that mentioned it over at DAZ. Tried out the Demo, and liked it enough to pick up a copy. I mainly do comics, and being able to do maps will help with some of the stories, particularly when my characters are on quests trying to find obscure objects in even more obscure places. Which is pretty much all the time.

Welcome to the forums! :)

We're always on the lookout for more feedback from authors so please let us know if you have questions, concerns or requests. Strangely enough even though we have quite a few authors (including published ones) as our user base, they tend to be the ones that write the least feedback! :D

- Alejandro
Alejandro S. Canosa
Three Minds Software

Big Mac

Re: Hello From DAZ land

Post by Big Mac » Thu Jan 25, 2018 12:46 pm

diogenese19348 wrote::D I had never heard about this project before this weekend when Digital Art Live offered a tutorial on making fantasy maps that mentioned it over at DAZ. Tried out the Demo, and liked it enough to pick up a copy. I mainly do comics, and being able to do maps will help with some of the stories, particularly when my characters are on quests trying to find obscure objects in even more obscure places. Which is pretty much all the time.
Welcome to the OWM forums Digenese19348!

What is DAZ land? Is DAZ a forum? I've heard of a washing powder called DAZ, but I'm sure you don't mean that.

Are you planning to use any maps as "in-character" things (and have your comic characters looking at the maps in the story)? I'd love you to post a panel or strip showing your cartoonised maps if you do that.
David "Big Mac" Shepheard
(A Spelljammer fan hoping to user Other World Mapper to make lots of maps of planets.)
You can see more of me over at The Piazza campaign settings forums