Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year

Everything else not related to mapping or Other World Mapper.

Moderator: Kyete

unklStewy

Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year

Post by unklStewy » Wed Dec 24, 2014 7:59 am

To all who celebrate the holiday I would like to wish you a Merry Christmas. For everyone else I wish you a Joyous Holiday Season. May you all have a Happy and Wonderfilled New Year!

Casey :ugeek:
unklStewy
Stewart A.
Wisterian Realms
www.wisterian.net

Lubrol88800

Re: Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year

Post by Lubrol88800 » Wed Dec 24, 2014 10:27 am

And the same to your and yours: a blessed, joyous and restful Christmas and a New Year of great successes and accomplishments. :P
'God is a comedian playing to an audience that is afraid to laugh'
Voltaire (François-Marie Arouet)

stefanstr

Post by stefanstr » Tue Dec 30, 2014 8:17 am

unklStewy wrote:To all who celebrate the holiday I would like to wish you a Merry Christmas. For everyone else I wish you a Joyous Holiday Season. May you all have a Happy and Wonderfilled New Year!

I always find this sensitivity to non-Christian cultures somewhat exotic - where I live (Poland) 96% of all people are at least nominally Catholic so it doesn’t occur to anyone that somebody might be offended by „Merry Christmas“.

But in the spirit of internationality: Happy Holidays, whatever you guys are celebrating. :)

unklStewy

Post by unklStewy » Tue Dec 30, 2014 10:08 am

stefanstr,

The same happens here in the states but I have a lot of friends across the net and here locally that aren't from Christian cultures. It has always been me not wanting to alienate my friends. Even though most of my friends realize that I am a Christian and that I do celebrate Christmas so they wish me a Merry Christmas most of the time. For those I don't know well or haven't met yet I tend to say Happy Holidays and Merry Christmas. It lets me express myself and they can express themselves in what ever manner they choose to respond.

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!

unklStewy
Stewart A.
Wisterian Realms
www.wisterian.net