I'm in a live-streamed Spelljammer show!

Everything else not related to mapping or Other World Mapper.

Moderator: Kyete

Big Mac

I'm in a live-streamed Spelljammer show!

Post by Big Mac » Mon Jan 01, 2018 11:47 am

I won a seat in a live-streamed game, last March! 8-)

It's a Spelljammer game (no surprises there) hosted by someone called AuldDragon. We play on Roll 20, but it's broadcast on AuldDragon's Twitch channel. There are also recordings of games on AuldDragon's YouTube channel, for anyone who doesn't want to watch along live.

I play a human fighter, called Braxon Miacc, who comes from a farming asteroid close to Bral and who moved to Bral to learn how to build spelljamming ships. Braxon got invited to meet one of the Seekers in one of Bral's taverns and the Seeker was looking for a group of people to help him search for a missing friend. And that's how our first adventure kicked off. My PCs met the other PCs and we took the job.

We have had seven different adventures so far: Some of the adventures have had our group flying through wildspace and the phlogiston on a spelljamming ship. Others have had us exploring The Rock of Bral.

(There is a topic about the AuldDragon's game over at the Spelljammer forum at The Piazza, where SJ fans have been asking AuldDragon about the game.)

You are all welcome to come and watch the show. AuldDragon is taking a three week break (starting the next Saturday coming up) but we will be back in four Saturday's time. (The older shows are there, in case anyone fancies catching up.)
David "Big Mac" Shepheard
(A Spelljammer fan hoping to user Other World Mapper to make lots of maps of planets.)
You can see more of me over at The Piazza campaign settings forums

Big Mac

Re: I'm in a live-streamed Spelljammer show!

Post by Big Mac » Mon Jan 01, 2018 11:52 am

OK, that out of the way, I'd like to talk about maps.

AuldDragon has been using maps in his show. Obviously, he doesn't show the players the maps in advance, but we did get to redesign a spelljamming ship (a Wasp) by moving the internal walls around. I didn't do that map. One of the other players did it. But I would like to be able to make one or two maps that AuldDragon can use in the show.

Ship deckplans are probably going to be the most useful things for me to work on, at the moment. Has anyone been using Other World Mapper to make ship deckplans yet?

Has anyone used Other World Mapper to make old school floorplans (that don't have the sort of fancy stuff that we all want Other World Mapper to have)? The old school stuff is pretty much mostly white squares and that's what AuldDragon is using for the things he imports into Roll 20.
David "Big Mac" Shepheard
(A Spelljammer fan hoping to user Other World Mapper to make lots of maps of planets.)
You can see more of me over at The Piazza campaign settings forums