Symbol set scale before use?

Questions and comments about Other World Mapper.

Moderator: Kanchou

Vanderil

Symbol set scale before use?

Post by Vanderil » Sat Feb 18, 2023 4:24 am

Hello all,

first , I like the tool very much and am an enthusiastic occasional user. Now, as a game master, I get to draw a world map / regional maps for my round.

When I try to use the symbols of the programme, they have a preset scale. At the moment I "paint" the symbols and reduce the symbols accordingly after selecting them, but this is very time-consuming for me. Is it possible to set this scale in advance before I use them? Is there a solution? Have I not found it?

Many thanks in advance and best regards to all

Vanderil

Balmung

Re: Symbol set scale before use?

Post by Balmung » Sat Feb 18, 2023 5:57 am

There is this similar open feature request, but from another point of view: https://www.otherworldmapper.com/forum/ ... .php?t=657

Kanchou
Site Admin

Re: Symbol set scale before use?

Post by Kanchou » Tue Feb 21, 2023 3:53 pm

Vanderil wrote:
Sat Feb 18, 2023 4:24 am
Hello all,

first , I like the tool very much and am an enthusiastic occasional user. Now, as a game master, I get to draw a world map / regional maps for my round.

When I try to use the symbols of the programme, they have a preset scale. At the moment I "paint" the symbols and reduce the symbols accordingly after selecting them, but this is very time-consuming for me. Is it possible to set this scale in advance before I use them? Is there a solution? Have I not found it?

Many thanks in advance and best regards to all

Vanderil
You should be able to set the scale via the Options area of the Feature Tool Properties before placing the item, and it will use that from then on. You can also use the shortcut SHIFT + scroll while having the feature tool selected to change the symbol's zoom level

Is that what you were looking for?

Thank you!

- Alejandro
Alejandro S. Canosa
Three Minds Software