Features disappearing when stopped being dragged

Report new issues and add information on existing ones.

Moderator: Kyete

evildmguy

Features disappearing when stopped being dragged

Post by evildmguy » Mon May 17, 2021 4:17 pm

I'm creating a map and I pick a feature I want to place. When I drag it around the map, it's fine. However, as soon as I stop moving the cursor, the feature disappears. It doesn't stop me from placing it and if I rescale, using Shift, or rotate, using Alt, then it appears again. As soon as I stop doing those, it disappears again. Is that normal? Is that how it should act?

Thanks!

edg

SilverSurfer1221

Re: Features disappearing when stopped being dragged

Post by SilverSurfer1221 » Tue May 18, 2021 12:23 pm

Hello! I'm not sure what's going on with your system or installation, but this is not how it's supposed to work. At least, it's not how it works on my end. If I select a feature and drag it onto the map, the feature stays visible, even if I stop moving the mouse. So, as long as you have Feature selected, you should see whichever image you've selected where your mouse cursor is.

Kyete
Site Moderator

Post by Kyete » Wed May 19, 2021 11:11 am

I haven't been able to recreate the issue on our end. What operating system are you using and what feature draw mode(s) are you seeing the issue with?

-Katie

evildmguy

Post by evildmguy » Wed May 26, 2021 6:33 pm

Sorry for the late reply. I will test it again and get the answers to your questions.

Thanks!

edg

evildmguy

Post by evildmguy » Tue Jun 08, 2021 10:17 am

Again, sorry for the late reply.

For a week, this wasn't happening. Then it happened again. I thought maybe it was because I had multiple maps open but I can't get it to replicate.

So, not sure what causes it but it's infrequent enough that it doesn't bother me.

Thanks!

edg

Kyete
Site Moderator

Post by Kyete » Thu Jun 10, 2021 11:30 am

We just got this bug to happen yesterday in regression testing! It's going to take us a while to track down, because we still don't know what exactly triggered it, so it won't be fixed for version 1.0.4. We will have it fixed for 1.0.5 though.

Note: I'm moving this thread to the bugs forum to keep everyone updated.

-Katie