A couple of questions about grouping and regions

Questions and comments about Other World Mapper.

Moderator: Kanchou

Prosten

A couple of questions about grouping and regions

Post by Prosten » Wed Dec 25, 2019 5:22 pm

I am currently working on a map with alot of islands that share the same features. Is it possible to somehow merge them so that OWM recognizes them as a single landmass? And would that make it possible to somehow easily assign the same region skin to all of them? I found the grouping function but that doesn't seem to help in this case.

I'd like to avoid the tedious task to have to sit down and mark the regions individually on each island. ;)
Attachments
Skärmavbild 2019-12-25 kl. 23.10.03.png
Skärmavbild 2019-12-25 kl. 23.10.03.png (1.26 MiB) Viewed 5345 times

Kyete
Site Moderator

Re: A couple of questions about grouping and regions

Post by Kyete » Thu Dec 26, 2019 7:44 pm

If you go to the edit menu there is an option called Merge Paths. Select the Union option and it should marge all your selected landmasses into one item. If there a lot of landmasses it will take a while. I tried it with 150 small islands and it took about 12 minutes.

Another way you could do it is to use the Copy/Paste Properties to copy the look of the landmass already set to all the other landmasses.

Hope this helps. Let us know if you have more questions!
-Katie

Prosten

Re: A couple of questions about grouping and regions

Post by Prosten » Fri Dec 27, 2019 11:51 pm

Thank you Kyete! As I already had added regions to my Islands I found no easy way to merge them (when selecting them, both landmasses and regions where choosen making the merging option unchoosable) but the ”copy properties” worked like a charm!