What are your plans for Other World Mapper?

Questions and comments about Other World Mapper.

Moderator: Kanchou

JeffSimons

Re: What are your plans for Other World Mapper?

Post by JeffSimons » Wed Aug 12, 2020 11:49 pm

I plan on making world similar to poptropica - virtual world for kids. I was inspired by that game because the world they built for it is just so immersive. This is the reason why I am so eager to model it in my own way. I'll try to make some improvements and will hope that it will look similar to the game.

ORtrail

Post by ORtrail » Tue Sep 01, 2020 2:29 pm

I've wanted to learn to use a software mapping tool for years. I've done a few maps for adventures I've written and I'm impressed how good they look -despite the fact I still don't know much about what I'm doing. It adds a professional look to the maps, compared to say, AutoREALM (though to be fair that was free software).

Balmung

Post by Balmung » Fri Apr 02, 2021 6:58 am

Kanchou wrote:
Fri Nov 14, 2014 11:45 pm
We want to hear from you! To start with let us know what your plans are for Other World Mapper. Will the maps be for an RPG, a book, a video game? Something else?

Tell us about the maps you plan on making!
I'm creating a worldmap for a roleplay/tabletop game.

That's why I can't show the progress until the first version is released :\
System information:
  • Windows 10 Professional x64
  • AMD Ryzen 5 3600XT
  • 32GB DDR4 RAM
  • Nvidia GeForce 3070 FE

Kanchou
Site Admin

Post by Kanchou » Tue Apr 06, 2021 12:52 pm

Balmung wrote:
Fri Apr 02, 2021 6:58 am
I'm creating a worldmap for a roleplay/tabletop game.

That's why I can't show the progress until the first version is released :\
[/quote]

Let us know when it's finished or at a point where screenshots/info can be shared :)

- Alejandro
Alejandro S. Canosa
Three Minds Software

Dave Woodrum

Post by Dave Woodrum » Mon Aug 09, 2021 9:03 pm

Commercial releases- will be replacing most (if not eventually all) of my older mapping techniques. In the immediate I'm working on a village/town map for a print on demand book- I'm testing the waters before I eventually release the official Fishwife Games in house rpg system... I'll be using Other World Mapper to make some sample maps and such for the game system book as well.
Owner/Operator of Fishwife Games brand of products. Over 1,100 products to choose from at: https://www.drivethrurpg.com/browse/pub ... m=fishwife
Table top game designer, 3d print modeler, music arranger.

Kanchou
Site Admin

Post by Kanchou » Tue Aug 10, 2021 12:37 pm

Dave Woodrum wrote:
Mon Aug 09, 2021 9:03 pm
Commercial releases- will be replacing most (if not eventually all) of my older mapping techniques. In the immediate I'm working on a village/town map for a print on demand book- I'm testing the waters before I eventually release the official Fishwife Games in house rpg system... I'll be using Other World Mapper to make some sample maps and such for the game system book as well.
Sounds really cool!

As you finish some of this work let us know and we'll be happy to share links to them on our social media :)

- Alejandro
Alejandro S. Canosa
Three Minds Software

Dave Woodrum

Post by Dave Woodrum » Tue Aug 10, 2021 6:34 pm

Thanks! I'll certainly do so! Right now the core focus is on a small fantasy town (system universal/generic) that I am wanting to use as the initial test dive into the print on demand pool, but I'm already making plans to incorporate OWM maps into other product lines, including some of the smaller quick turn around stuff. Though not required I plan to mention the software used and if you'd like I'd be happy to list the website as a "get it here".
Owner/Operator of Fishwife Games brand of products. Over 1,100 products to choose from at: https://www.drivethrurpg.com/browse/pub ... m=fishwife
Table top game designer, 3d print modeler, music arranger.

ORtrail

Post by ORtrail » Thu Aug 04, 2022 2:16 pm

I'm now a publisher on DrivethruRPG, having created an entry for PocketQuest 2022. The theme was summer camp, with a 20 page limit (not counting the front and back covers). For Summer Break on a Broken Lake, you play as a grand-kid of an organized crime family, and things get awkward as you vacation on Lake Mead while bodies are being discovered.

I had to get creative with the limited page count and put a Lake Mead map I made with OWM on the cover. Hopefully it's the first product of many for Cat Culture Studio and not the last time you'll see OWM used to create adventure maps.

https://www.drivethrurpg.com/product/40 ... rs=1000012