I love the new update!

Questions and comments about Other World Mapper.

Moderator: Kanchou

Jimsocks

I love the new update!

Post by Jimsocks » Wed Aug 09, 2017 11:27 am

The updated themes are wonderful, and the changes are all improvements. Looking sweet guys!

Question: how can I import my own artwork sets? I want to make a cave-specific artwork set complete with terrain, creature, and vegetation subsets. Is this currently possible? My goal would be to have the set appear in the normal drop down listings, and the assets to work with the different paintbrush settings (i.e. Tile, and random or list order placement)

Let me know! I can't wait for release version- the GM tools and dynamic lighting sound super cool

Kanchou
Site Admin

Re: I love the new update!

Post by Kanchou » Wed Aug 09, 2017 12:35 pm

Jimsocks wrote:The updated themes are wonderful, and the changes are all improvements. Looking sweet guys!
Thank you!! Really happy to hear that, we spent a long time building the themes/presets and getting more textures that we realized were missing :)
Jimsocks wrote:Question: how can I import my own artwork sets? I want to make a cave-specific artwork set complete with terrain, creature, and vegetation subsets. Is this currently possible? My goal would be to have the set appear in the normal drop down listings, and the assets to work with the different paintbrush settings (i.e. Tile, and random or list order placement)
You want to import new artwork using the program UI via the Art Manager. The help document (View-->Help Document) has a good overview in page 22.
You can also do it "manually" by adding folders if you want to go that route - just reply with any questions if anything isn't clear!

We very much need to do tutorial videos since that would help a lot and that's where our attention will be over the new few weeks. We'll be adding them to our YouTube channel as we finish them.

https://www.youtube.com/user/OtherWorldMapper

- Alejandro
Alejandro S. Canosa
Three Minds Software

Jimsocks

Post by Jimsocks » Wed Aug 09, 2017 3:51 pm

Perfect! (Thanks for the quick reply too!)

What you describe sounds exactly like what I am after. I'll probably go the manual route (I just like working with nested file systems for drag-and-drop ease of use) BUT I will certainly try the art management tools too in case I have any feedback for you from a user perspective.

All in all, I am really glad I backed OWM- it's a fun program to use, and its upped my map game tenfold.

Kanchou
Site Admin

Post by Kanchou » Thu Aug 10, 2017 2:01 am

Jimsocks wrote:All in all, I am really glad I backed OWM- it's a fun program to use, and its upped my map game tenfold.
We're very happy you backed OWM :D and double happy that you've made good use of it so far!

- Alejandro
Alejandro S. Canosa
Three Minds Software